Spotify Lovelace Card

Is there a way to hide the playlist feature? I like the playback and volume controls and ESPECIALLY (haven’t been able to find it anywhere else) the ability to easily choose a speaker or speaker group. I have no use for the “playlist” control, however.

@fondberg can we also select /specify what playlists are shown/selectable from the overview? If yes, can you help me? I found the include_playlists but can’t get it working. What values should be placed after the parameter? Thanks a lot!

Hi, that looks very good!
However, I obviously don’t have your transparency template.

Would you be so kind as to share that please?

Thanks!

I second that. Schmierlappe, your card is beautiful. I would also love if you could share your tranparency template. Thanks.

I’m able to save all other Lovelace cards, it must be unique to this card as I’m having the same issue.

Given how popular Spotify is, I’m surprised there aren’t more Lovelace cards dedicated to it. Or is there one that’s actively maintained?

You can use this. Just change the name of it to card_scene_transparent and then change colors etc to your liking.

Does this still work or is there another way to do it? My Sonos don’t work anymore and I can’t find a connect-state/v1/player/from anywhere anymore.

Does anyone know what the YAML for playlist filtering is?
The GitHub page mentions it is possible but does not seem to inclide the required declaration for it.

Side note, if anyone happens to know why the visual editor fails to load properly/be able to actually make changes and save, that’d be nice.

1 Like
include_playlists:
  - name_of_playlist
  - name_of_playlist2

PSA - I think this repo is abandoned. It hasn’t had any commits since Aug, 2021, and fondberg hasn‘t been active in this thread or the issue tracker in the repo since Aug. 2021.

same here, changes made to card do not stick

they stick, but you have to do them in code editor sadly.
would be amazing if someone would maintain this, having music control in the ui feels like such a “basic” feature of home automation

2 Likes

Unable to Save changes in visual editor. Save button is missing.

hey, sorry to bring you back here, but I hope you can help!

would you mind sharing your Code Editor view of your Spotify card??

I’m also trying to remove the playback controls…however using the slider doesn’t work for me in the Visual Editor

same thing with the playlist limit, but that one I saw how to change in the documentation

thanks!

Sorry but i didnt use HA now

it’s okay! I searched around again and found my answer buried in this thread haha

Cant load my playlists

sensor.chromecast_devices is OK and list my devices

sensor.playlists_sensor is UNKNOWN
and I cant remove it

I have reload the spotify integration and reinstalled Spotcast in hacs, but it still dont work

Home Assistant 2023.5.3
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Brugerflade 20230503.3 - latest

The same here…cant load my palylist or choose player. It only shows music currently playing. Any ideias please ?

Did you fix it? mine is still not working:-(

No I did not. trying to figure out how to show my playlists and nothing seems to work. Even calling spotcast.start service not working and i have spotify media player working just fine…

1 Like