Spotify Lovelace Card

@aPugLife I think there is something which is changed recently. Can you open an issue on my github repo so I remember to check it (a little busy right now, having a baby coming soon :fireworks:)

Congratulations :blush::blush::blush::blush: !!
Alright, I opened the issue on the Issue page. Thanks for your time, especially now!

About the search function, just like the Spotify App, I see that other cards works the same: They do not have any search / browse capability. Why? Can’t it be implemented?

I’m not seeing any Spotify Connect devices at the bottom? It says --choose mediaplayer–

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Doh! You have to click on the ‘Spotify connect devices’ button. I’m sure I tried that before with no luck…but anyway it’s working now :grinning:

1 Like

nice card. anyone find a way to use this with Sonos devices?

Do you mean start sonos playback or control sonos playback?

Either.

I have Sonos One’s around the house and would like to use this card to start playback on them.

Like with the mini media player that @kalkih wrote

I see. I think the best would be if someone with Sonos added the code and created a PR in github. It is open source for this reason :wink:

I can see it both ways. I use the mini-media-player by Karl as well; it is fantastic.

For me it does several essential things for larger AV setups. I do not wish for you to duplicate all this work.

Agree, that card is great. This card was created by me for spotify only and together with spotcast it can start playback on idle chromecast devices.

Agree, the 2 cards together works so great

Bit confused… am I supposed to have 2 URI redirects? Home Assistant won’t auth it unless I have http://ip-address:8123/api/spotify and this card won’t auth unless I have
http://ip-address:8123/lovelace/0 ?

Here is a card (your one) with a media player. If I select a living room as the media player in your card, it doesn’t matter what else I click on in the card it doesn’t seem to play - as you can see, the media player looks nothing like what I would expect. Doesn’t matter which playlist I select.

Yes you need 2 redirect uri’s

1 Like

I think you are trying to use this card to transfer a playback. This card can only play playlists in the list in the card.

The Spotcast custom component got a new release today which adds transfer of playback and som small other features. When this is merged transfer can be added to this card too.
Right now I don’t have that much time because me and my wife will get a new child in mid June but as this card is open source anyone add it and create a PR in the repo on Github.

No I’m just trying to use it to select a playlist and play it on a device from the dropdown list of devices. The lower card should just reflect what is playing. What complicates this is I am trying to set it up for someone else over a remote connection so I’m not actually there to see what is and isn’t working.

I see. The drop down will only contain active spotify connect devices unless you have installed spotcast

If you see a device and click it you should then click one playlist play icon to play that. If that fails it must be some javascript error OR the account is not a premium account.
Come to think about it - I should check if the account type.is premium and warn if it isn’t.
If it is a premium account you might want to check the dev console in your browser for.javascript errors

I was having the same issue as you trying to play a playlist to one of my Echo’s. Turned out I had to tell Alexa to play first then I could select other Playlist ect,

Hi, for me everything is in place but when I try to play something from the playlists I get: Failed to call service media_player/play_media

I restarted HA but still nothing. I hear the beep in the chromecast where I select to play to, but the music won’t start.

Tks in adavance

I think might be related to the issue that HASS hasn’t updated to use the latest pychromecast yet. See the note on spotcast git page for info

Hi,
I would love to leverage this project on my Hassio.
Can I please get some guidance?

1. Where exactly to I place the code:
  1. Where do I place the project’s files?
  2. Readme say: Add the card to lovelace config
  • where is the lovelace config? I don’t have such a file (sorry for the nob questions)…