SpotifyPlus Custom Integration

Hi @thlucas,

i’d like to use the seek function to rewind or fast-forward for e.g. 10 seconds. Is there a way to do that? Like using the current track position and add 10 seconds?

@meiser
You would have to issue a call to get the current playstate service, scrape some return values, and then issue a call to the seek service.

If you would, add a feature request on the SpotifyPlus wiki, and I will see if I can get it added soon. It might be a couple of weeks, as I’m getting ready to release a SpotifyPlus Card UI soon and am putting some final touches on things.

Calling Player Activate Devices, I get this error message.

SAM0001E - An unhandled exception occured while processing method “PlayerActivateDevices”. SpotifyZeroconfApiError.init() missing 3 required positional arguments: ‘message’, ‘methodName’, and ‘reason’

@Swordnut
You need to specify your Spotify LoginId, Username, and Password in the integration configuration options. Activating a Spotify Connect device requires these values.

Thank you for reporting this, as the error message is totally unclear! I am making changes to correct that.

FYI - just released a new version of the SpotifyPlus integration

[ 1.0.60 ] - 2024/10/04

• Added service player_media_seek to seek to the given absolute or relative position in the user’s currently playing track for the specified Spotify Connect device.
  • Updated service get_show_favorites to include the exclude_audiobooks argument, which allows you to limit the results to only podcast items (by default). For some reason, the Spotify Web API returns both audiobook and podcast items.
  • Updated Spotify Connect device processing to only require the userid and password configuration options when authenticating to devices that require user and password values. Some devices only require a loginid value (e.g. spotifyd, Spotify Connect AddOn, librespot, Sonos, etc). The user should not have to specify userid and password options if they are not required!
  • Updated service description strings to correct HASSFest validation errors on GitHub.
  • Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.106.
1 Like