Squeezelite player standalone for Squeezebox

A further word on the above. Today, for unknown reasons, I have a stable squeezelite on HA. It’s visible from the LMS server, I can play anything from my system and watch prgress of track and album cover. There’s only one problem - there’s no sound whatsoever from either the USB DAC or the RasPi analogue sound out. Is it playing to HMDI? I can’t test this since I don’t have an HDMI to ausio out adapter.

I’m guessing that the problems arise from the linux implementation in the HA package - I’ve never had any problems like this on Ubuntu, Raspian or the piCorePlayer systems on Raspberry Pi’s 1-4.

Ho hum…it started off so well!

Chip

Hi,
I am very interested in the sqeezelite project. Have been using LMS on a synology for years and operate via the squeeze app on an android device.

I’ve gone through all the steps, but can’t figure out how to get sqeezelite on home screen.
Maybe some tips?

thank you for all your help.
Ingo

I am using this addon with Music Assistant 2.0 (still in beta) acting as LMS. It found two squeezelite players. One is my Raspberry Pi4 from which i get music (also if the volume is really too low). How to know which is the second player?
And more, is there a good amplifier to use with Rpi running HAOS?

I add repository , restart all but still can’t find the add-on to install.
messageImage_1685524296062

I forgot about this little plugin made 3 years ago :slight_smile:
Do not use it anymore (went for Sonos), but a tip is to wait some time.
In my HA it came up after 5 minutes:

ah thank you, get it to work and was seen by LMS server now. there is “home assistant squeezelite” in player list now.
one more problem is I can’t hear any sound or music play from device.
I run HAOS on mini PC and just want the connect audio out to the speaker to play music. (I checked sound both from HDMI TV and Audio Jack but no sound)
what I have done.

• VLC lan telnet, can play song but no sound.

• Music Assistant not work on new HAOS update

• mopidy not work as well

• squeezelite client, I believe it’d work. ( I have tried manually install squeezelite client on RP 1b and it works with LMS but not for my mini PC that run HAOS on.