Starting all over?

the last couple of day why zigbee devices are unavailable, i then go to my pi pull out the zigbee coordinator plug it back in and reboot it, after several minutes waiting everything restores.
Because i was new to zigbee i order a cheap **s coordinator (ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 by ZHA)

Now i am thinging that the problem is in the coordinator because it was a cheap on (did save the logs)
So i ordered a new one, Conbee 2 because this one seems to be much beter.

Now my question is should i migrate to deconz with the conbee 2 or start all from scratch, what would be beter? ( i am running HA on an rpi3-64)

One off reply. You said it happened in the last couple of days. Have you used it without issues before? Did anything change .e.g. power supply to pi, as it seems you are hitching the power. ?use higher power supply

Nop No hardware modifications, only the normal updates.
I was planning to upgrade to conbee 2 any ways.

I sayon internet i need a usb 2 extension cable for better results for the conbee2.
What do i need 1 meter 2/3? or more?

I have only really just started. I bought lots of wifi sonoff kit and had never had time to install it. Now I too was thinking about zigbee because of long term power considerations, though this has been recently tempered by the amount I have been able to do with an sonoff rf bridge which allows usag of low power sensors. For what it is worth I ordered .ebay.co.uk/itm/254805406898?var=554626495460 though have not installed zigbee stuff yet.

See Zigbee (ConBee) and WiFi Interference

I don’t see what the length of the cable has to do with it - ?add interference and decrease available power.
The above link I noted was about conbee.
**Is it worth using a powered usb hub to see if it makes a difference.
Is the pi somehow switching usb off to save energy or due o a sleep mode?

CC2652 is now the way to go, and use zigbee2mqtt IMHO

2 Likes

Why? Just wondering

1 Like

It’s the newer, higher powered chipset.

What’s the biggest difference between yaml or UI, can both work with hacs?

Can I ask why on that recommendation?

I’m using native ZHA and I’ve been thrilled with the results. But I see lots of people here prefer MQTT. What am I missing?

1 Like

The ability to decouple from Home Assistant.
By running add-on’s decoupled, it allows my critical automation’s to function without Home Assistant

1 Like

Ahhh. Makes sense. For me HA is my primary home automation system. In fact, it’s really my only system. That’s where I started, and I’m trying not to add any other dependencies. It’s great that there are so many different ways to approach this!

1 Like

Today It happend again, all devices where unavaible, This thime i grabbed the logs before Rebooting

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:324
First occurred: 16:37:58 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:37:58

Config entry 'TI CC2531 USB CDC, s/n: __0X00124B001CD481CC - Texas Instruments' for zha integration not ready yet: [Errno 110] Operation timed out; Retrying in background
Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/upnp/device.py:107
First occurred: 16:38:10 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:38:10

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 153, in async_init
    flow, result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 179, in _async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data, init_done)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 260, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/upnp/config_flow.py", line 186, in async_step_ssdp
    discovery = await Device.async_supplement_discovery(self.hass, discovery)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/upnp/device.py", line 89, in async_supplement_discovery
    device = await Device.async_create_device(hass, location)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/upnp/device.py", line 107, in async_create_device
    upnp_device = await factory.async_create_device(ssdp_location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_upnp_client/client_factory.py", line 77, in async_create_device
    service = await self.async_create_service(service_desc_xml, description_url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_upnp_client/client_factory.py", line 122, in async_create_service
    scpd_xml = await self._async_get_url_xml(scpd_url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_upnp_client/client_factory.py", line 349, in _async_get_url_xml
    raise UpnpError("Received status code: {}".format(status_code))
async_upnp_client.exceptions.UpnpError: Received status code: 404

Logger: zigpy.application
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py:78
First occurred: 16:37:57 (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:53:47

Couldn't start application
Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:152
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:37:58 (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:53:47

Couldn't start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 152, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 74, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 193, in startup
    return await self._startup(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py", line 206, in _startup
    await znp.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 81, in connect
    self._uart = await uart.connect(self._config[conf.CONF_DEVICE], self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_znp/uart.py", line 174, in connect
    transport.serial.dtr = False
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialutil.py", line 473, in dtr
    self._update_dtr_state()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 715, in _update_dtr_state
    fcntl.ioctl(self.fd, TIOCMBIC, TIOCM_DTR_str)
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Operation timed out

look like a problem with my Zigbee coordinator right?

anyone famillair with these errors?

How many devices do you have connecting to the coordinator? Have any routers?

CC2531 firmware supports 20 devices connected directly to the coordinator. Having routers in your network, the network size can be extended.

It is a known problem with CC2531. Taking them out the USB port and plugging them back in is normally the solution.

Yesterday i migrated from CC531 with ZHA to Conbee II with Deconz.

did a fresh install, tonight i am doing the last configurations and will test it