State of the popup 2022/23 edition

Hi All, I’m going to take some time over the holiday season and redo all of my (mostly stock) Lovelace screens. I like the simplistic high-end systems (Control 4, Crestron, etc.) that mostly have lots of white space with buttons that activate pop-ups for the thing that is being controlled.

I’ve searched the forums and found different ideas for popups through the years, but nothing that seemed to stick around and nothing that is native to HA (unless I missed it). so my question is - what is the current best way to have a generic popup panel/view/some0thing else… that I can place either a single card into, or preferably multiple cards?

Three use cases: 1) a button for kitchen lights that pops a window with multiple sliders for overhead, under cabinet, accent, etc. lights. and 2) a button for the AC that shows an Thermostat card in a pop-up (possibly with other comfort-related additional cards). 3) and entertainment button that pops TV and audio controls for the room.

Bonus points for a blurred backdrop behind the popup!

Thanks in advance!

Terry

I use Browser-Mod for pop-ups. It can basically take any card you can imagine and make it modal. I specifically use it to pop the alarm control card on my tablets when entry delay triggers

Sorry, no blurred background. :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure if this still works for blur

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I haven’t played with Browser Mod in quite a while and didn’t know this was possible. I spent about 5 minutes throwing a test case together and I’m pretty sure this will do everything I want.

Terry

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give this a try!

I am doing the same thing you describe and Browser-mod has been ideal.

1 Like