Strange Crash, cannot find a clue

Hi all, I am running HA Supervisor on a raspberry with external SSD for a long time now.
I have been playing with matter devices. Sometimes they fail without notice. I normally then go to system and choose from the reboot options a system reboot. Normally then all is back again.

Yesterday i did the same, and HA never came online again.
I connnected a monitor, look at the SU logs, but see nothing strange.
I do a rebuild. it says “failed, unknown error”
I do restart, it says completed sucessfully…

All is running latest updates, it even shows a succesfull backup to google(integration) in the SU logs … So many things are running, but i am comepletely stuck.

In my browser i cannot access HA, with ssh, no response, but my samba share (integration) is running and i can only access the files. thats all…

Ps. when i access HA from browser using duckdns, i do get the “unable to connect, retrying” message with the HA logo…

Does anyone have an idea what happened and how i get it up and running again?
thanks in advance!

There are some basic troubleshooting steps that you can follow here: The Home Assistant Cookbook - Index.

Thanks for your reply. I could not find anything in the basic steps which is helpfull. Maybe also due to my knowledge, but still no clue :wink: Since Local logon and DNS logon are not working and SSH is not working i am not able to change anything. and SU seems not to show any problems…

I’m assuming you get the “failed, unknown error” when you do:

ha core rebuild

Have you run:

ha core check

EDIT: Also, what happens when you try to connect to http://homeassistant.local:4375

Core ceck runs for maybe 10 minutes, and then says “command completed Succesfully”
Core rebuild says Error: Unknown error, see supervisor

the local option at port 4375 says “page not available” on homeassistant.local and also when ik use ip address insead.

maybe try

ha supervisor rebuild
1 Like

I noted tried port 4357 which i found in the Supervisor mode. It says" Connected, Supported and Healthy"

And port 8123 still does not work?

Nope, connection refused…

Supervisor Rebuild command does not excist, but found an option “SU repair” which should check and rebuild docker issues. Ran that to, completed succesfull. After that dit a host reboot, no change at all…

One second, after the “Superisor Repair” and “Host Reboot” the system seems to be getting online…

Yessssss, it’s running like nothing ever happened… Great news… “Supervisor Repair” and “Host reboot” did the trick…

Great, thanks for you quick help guys !!!

Will try to find what happened later on…

1 Like