Strange things going on

I’m new to HASS, but not to home automation.

If I’m configuring an automation to switch on a light 1 hour after sunset it’s not working. I find this in my log: Test turned off. If I look at automations it is on! What is happening here. Automation must be the hart of the system. But this is not working nice.

It seems that everything has to be done with YAML if I look for help. Why building the interface?

Hello, Welcome to the community!

Sorry but your going to have to share more information. Are we to assume the name of the automation is Test? Please take the time and read the FAQ, it describes how to properly make a post so that users can help. Thanks.

Yes the automation is called test. I made it after some other automations didn’t work. After made this test I discovered the items in the log. What more info is needed.

The automation, screenshots of what you’re talking about

These are the log messages. In the same minute all automation seems to stop

This the YAML code from the automation. The 56 minutes after sunrise was just a test.

alias: Test
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: sun
    event: sunrise
    offset: '0:56'
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: cbfe6161cef424b52ec988bdeb1d5b9b
    entity_id: switch.kerstboom
    domain: switch
mode: single

Hope this clears some things

And when you’re in the automations page, is it on?

As you see the’re all on

Ok, so are those turn off messages at startup then immediately followed by them being turned on?

I Switched of and on and start waiting. Nothing happened. I edited one of the other automations and this was the result.
In the automations screen everythings still on!

So just ignore it if the automations are still on. If it’s not impacting the functionality of the automations then there is nothing to worry about. If you want them out of your logbook, your welcome to write up the issue on github as it’s probably a bug and you’ll have to wait for it to be fixed.

Are you sure the automations aren’t turning off when you edit them? That’s normal behavior. It’s not going to be on when editing.

I haven’t done anything, but all the automations are still on, but generating that log entry. I’m going to test if the automation works after a off/on toggle.

It’s probably a waste of time…

@Petro,

It seems just faulty behavior. As soon as I edit a automation this entry(s) apear in the log. If you ignore them everything stays working. Perhaps the automation service restarted??

Anyway, thanks for your help. I’m starting to learn how things working. Half of my old system (Homewizard) is now migrated to home assistent.