Strange utility meter history

Hi,

I have a utility meter that counts daily power consumption.

It is based on a sensor that counts total power consumption (no resets or similar, just increasing).

If I look at todays and yesterdays value, it looks good.

But if I look at other time frame it looks very strange.

Is this expected behaviour that I don’t understand, or is there something wrong with the sensor?
If I remember correctly, when I looked at this a while back ago, I would see multiple lines as in the first picture, with a reset at every midnight.

Notice the scale of the second graph. Something strange happened on December 27th. Please post the graph of the utility meter’s source sensor.

How long do you save records in database?

Hi,

Here is the 24h graph:

Here is a 4 days graph, which shows that something weird has happened. I will investigate it and see what the issue might be. Maybe the physical meeter is reporting 0 values sometimes which is screwing up everything.

Hi!

As far as I know, I have not changed such setting. So whatever the default value is :slight_smile:

Just like you were mentioning, for some reason, the physical sensor has sent “0” instead of the correct value during 27th of December.

I will look in to filtering these messages, so that the reported value must be >0 in order to be accepted.

Btw, I’m using a Shelly 3EM for monitoring.

You should use an availability template.

See:

1 Like

Thanks tom!

I will look in to it and make more use of it in the future to better track sensors :slight_smile: