Strava Home Assistant Integration

@codingcyclist
Any chance you can add the “Walk” activity as well??

It looks like we’re getting closer to a solution here. First and foremost, clicking the “OAuth Authorization Page”-Link on the Strava My API Application page will not be helpful in the installation process. So lets try the following:

1. I have understood that your NabuCasa External URL comes with “https://” in the beginning, correct? If that is the case, please go back to your Home Assistant general configuration (i.e. Configuration > General) and confirm that the URL which sits in the External URL field also has that leading “https://”.

2. Please make sure that the Strava integration does not show up in Home Assistant under Configuration > Integrations

3. Restart your Home Assistant instance

4. Follow the installation instructions from the REAME. In particular, please pay very close attention to the fourth step where you search for the Strava integration in Home Assistant after hitting the “+” sign at the bottom right of the “Configuration > Integrations” Menu in Home Assistant (see the gif in the README). The installation wizzard should then guide you through the remainder of the installation process.

Good call - I’m super busy these days and I probably won’t get to that until my spring holiday. But I added your idea as a feature request

1 Like

Really cool project @codingcyclist , thanks for sharing!

Hello

I had the same issue on my side and finally was able to fix it by entering by HA Server IP Address in the Strava API Field called "Auhtorization Callback Domain”
Originally I entered here my external Domain name, but didn’t worked
Hope this helps

regards

Thanks for sharing, but I have already solved!
Regards

I have anyway a issue : I can properly get and display my strave Acfivities data in HA, but when I change the fields I want to get through the below screen, when I save my change by prressing Summit Button, HA said data was saved, but that’s not really the case. If I reopen the config, default fields are there
Any idea ?
My need is to change Kudo Field and replace it by Elevation field

Hello here, thanks a lot @codingcyclist this is awesome !

I just have a quick question: how do you get the strava icon with "mdi:strava" ? It doesn’t show up on my dashboard :frowning_face:

Thanks

Hi bourliam,

it seems like the icon got removed in one of the later versions of the Material Design Icon library. Anybody else experiencing the same behavior out there?

Can you explain how you resolved the issue? I have the same problem: a page opening saying:

{“message”:“Bad Request”,“errors”:[{“resource”:“Application”,“field”:“redirect_uri”,“code”:“invalid”}]}

Hi there, not completely sure how I managed, but it finally worked after many times entering in the Strava API Field called "Auhtorization Callback Domain” my HA domain with port. For example: name.domain.com:8123. Hope this help

Hmm, not working unfortunately. I tried my nabu casa url as “Website” and my nabu casa domain as “Auhtorization Callback Domain”. I do get an ID and Secret, but when I use those in HA, I still get an error, saying “{“message”:“Bad Request”,“errors”:[{“resource”:“Application”,“field”:“redirect_uri”,“code”:“invalid”}]}”

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Great integration, thanks ! would be good if I could install more than one instance of the integration, so I could get my activities and my wifes !

Is this working anymore ? All I get is “-1” displayed. I have reinstalled and authenticated again but it remains the same.

It seems to have stopped around Monday

UPDATE
Adding a short walk to Strava solved the issue and everything came back up.

1 Like

I do get this message when i try to install it from my intergration page: what do i wrong?

Your Home Assistant Instance does not seem to have a public URL. The Strava Home Assistant integration requires a public URL

Have a look at the Readme page. You need to have remote access to HomeAssistant for this integration to work.

It’s up and running, very nice @codingcyclist, thank you!

Just 2 thing aren’t working.

• When I change the KPI’s, it says it saved them, but I only see the default KPI’s. I believe you encountered the same issue, @isaste. Did you manage to resolve it?
  • I only see data for recent activities. All other sensors (i.e. ytd) are "unavailable.

yes, what i saw, when opening that my ip wasn’t the same as in strava at the callback domain.
what do you see at your complete adress after hitting the button in HA? and then after: redirect_url: https://…
is this the same as in strava? i have a duckdns so without :8123 its important that you make connaction in HA from the same IP.

I had to add in my configuration.yaml my internal and external ip. i have duckdns allready but this is what i missed in my yaml

Yes indeed, that the same issue
however on my side the YTD sensors are working