Strava sensors

@hellad glad to hear that everything is working!

I am correcting my previous post of rhythm #43

Many people in this thread have asked for a dedicated Strava Home Assistant Component; one that avoids rate-limit-, authentication-, and other issues with Strava’s API.

I’ve recently started building a Strava Home Assistant Integration and I’d love to hear your thoughts: https://github.com/codingcyclist/ha_strava

As of now, the integration can only pull data about the ten most recent activities on Strava. Down the line, it’d be great to add picture-, summary stats-, and other cool features, but it’s unclear yet when I’ll find the time to do that.

Please reach out if you have feedback and/or would like to contribute.

1 Like

Thank you very much for writing this - it works great. Just a shame that Strava class everyone in Europe as wanting to use KM’s and not Miles like we do in the UK. Will sort out a template sensor to fix that but it’s nice to get my strava rides back into HA :grinning:

Good job! Hope you can implement the summary stats soon!

@rcont @BertrumUK I’m glad you like custom component so far!

I’m already working on pulling YTD and all-time summary stats for biking, running, and swimming. Also, I’m adding a camera entity to feature recent activity pictures as a photo-carousel…stay tuned

1 Like

Summary Stats and Photo Carousel are now available. Feel free to check it out (Link) and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Thanks Simon. Would still like a metric/Imperial option for us UK users :grimacing:

@codingcyclist good afternoon, I would like a help because I don’t know what to put in the Website field on the website https://www.strava.com/settings/api because I can generate the client id and client secret, but when will I put it in HA gives the following error when opening the page:

{“message”: “Bad Request”, “errors”: [{“resource”: “Application”, “field”: “redirect_uri”, “code”: “invalid”}]}

Your addon is not showing in intregations from newer HA. How can i install it??

Did you ever get this resolved? I recently installed the integration and have the same error as your post.

Hi @codingcyclist, i can’t install Strava addons update 0.1.1 with hacs, an error no content to download appears.

Something have change ?
I ve try to re-add custom repo but i’ve this issue :

Thanks for your help

I have the same error.

Hi,
Works on 0.1.2 version, thanks @codingcyclist

Hi. I have the same problem. Anyone who got this to work?

Hi, I have the same problem, How did you solve it? Many thanks!

I have the same issue. Any solution?

it’s had been a long time but i am finding how to graph my strava activity on HA. Asume that i can get the summary polyline from strava api, how can i convert it into a graph or map card?

Just update to 2020.12.0 and I get an error with this integration on a restart. Tried twice now but it still doesn’t load. Anyone else seeing this?

This is the error

Yes. Couple of workarounds at

1 Like

Thanks for that. Will have a play later.

*** All fixed now after correcting the 2 files in the PR :grinning: ***

1 Like