Stream component : unable to display rtsp stream

Thank you, I’ve almost forgotten about UDP. I’m running HA in a Docker on a Synology RS815+ (Intel Atom)

I’m sorry I forgot to say thank you the tremendous work you are doing.

Just thought I’d toss my two cents into the pit as well. I’ve got a couple of D-LINK DCS-4602ev. None of them works with the generic camera setup. I also tried to pass them through my synology by the following:

camera:

But that didn’t work as well. I don’t know if there is a still image url for synology. But I used the URL directly on the camera that I know works. My problem is that I end up with a black screen on my chromecast with a blue loading bar that never shows anything else but this black screen.

I’ll happily try different setups. Please let me know if there is anything I can try so we can get D-link users sorted as well :slight_smile:

did you get any log errors? are you on 0.90.1? if not update once available and try again.

Make sure the camera loads in the front end by clicking on the entity, it shoudl begin playing the video in a new player. If that works then casting should work.

I’m still at 0.90 and my log says:
Error demuxing stream:

Not sure what to make of that though.
Camera does not load up in front-end. It’s the same behaviour. Stuck with a black screen.

if that is all you see then 0.90.1 might actually fix your issue…that was the same error I had with my reolink URL’s. Try again once the hotfix is out for your install method.

I edited my post.
I’m also not able to view the video from the camera in the front end. Get stuck on a black screen.
If i switch back to

• platform: ffmpeg
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://admin:[email protected]/live1.sdp
    name: Driveway2
    Everything works great in the front end though. So it’s something with the generic camera setup that is not working out for me. I know the rtps URL is correct though. I can open it fine in VLC.

Is dafang working with the stream component?

Yup!
Please see my post here:

I tested casting to my google home hub with a service call to
camera.play_stream with a payload of:

{
  "entity_id": "camera.camera1", "media_player":"media_player.home_hub"
}
2 Likes

This works perfectly for my HikVision cameras thank you! I was using the 2nd stream in MJPEG but now I can use the full primary stream…

So how do I get this to cast/stream to a device like Kodi/Chrome Cast etc please?

So I have tested with a D-Link DCS-825L and no luck, but the error message seems more explicit :

2019-03-22 10:39:59 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error demuxing stream: No dts in packet

No luck with D-Link old DCS-7410. Same error message.

And it doesn’t work with Wanscam HW0036 :sob:

after adding stream to my cameras Dafang,Dahua - streaming work for a while, but afterwards frontend becomes unaccesable. “Unable to connect to Home Assistant.” This was on 0.90 release, also on 0.90.1 version.

after few mins frontend is again accessible. Anyone experience this also?

I still have an issue, even on version 0.90.1 :frowning:

Anyone got this working with Ubiquiti/nvr?

I think you can refer to this thread : Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

Exactly! Thank you.

I have the same errors. I swore it was working this morning, I’m now trying to connect remotely. Maybe that’s the issue? Should this work when not connected locally, or via VPN?

All my Unifi cameras when trying stream also do the same thing and error. Work fine when removing stream: from the config. Worked with FFMPEG. Running in a docker container version on latest release.

2019-03-22 14:01:45 ERROR (stream_worker) [libav.h264] error while decoding MB 79 12, bytestream -22

2019-03-22 14:02:27 ERROR (stream_worker) [libav.h264] error while decoding MB 30 24, bytestream -28

2019-03-22 14:02:39 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error demuxing stream: No dts in packet

2019-03-22 14:03:18 ERROR (stream_worker) [libav.h264] error while decoding MB 82 22, bytestream -18

@mcaminiti is running identical hardware to what is on my secondary site (that doesn’t work) with same errors). QNAP TS 451+, which is the same CPU as my QNAP TS 453 Pro (that does work), Unifi CloudKey gen2 Plus. Both running Home Assistant in Docker. Same camera models as well.

This makes me think either we are missing a dependency from another component that is loaded or and underlying OS component that is missing.

Interesting find on this one. So I’ve been testing all kinds of things on this.

I kept noticing

ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.es5.201903200]

when the stream wouldn’t load. That indicated it was falling back to the older version of javascript.

I did a few tests by appending ?latest to the end of my URL to force the latest version of javascript and it worked. It didn’t matter what browser I was using it would still fallback to es5. I still see the occasional stream errors but those might not have been the actual issue.

This could be a byproduct of another issue misidentifying the browser version and applying an improper javascript version.

example test:
clear browser history
https://homeassistant-domain.com/lovelace/default_view?latest

I’m curious if this clears up some issues for others as well.

4 Likes