Streamlining Experiences

hmm, that never seemed to happen for me, but I will try it again next time I set up a Zwave device and will see.

What’s wrong with it…

See here and here. From what I can tell, no one has used it successfully so far.

Yes, I thought this video was very telling UX wise.

you don’t have to wait for zwave, any new integration just change the device name and it’ll update all the associated entities as long as they contain a shared naming convention with the device name.

1 Like

I’m tweaking some automations now based on a new phone, and this proposed feature (notify person, akin to associating a device tracker with a person) seems like a “small” feature that would certainly streamline some experiences, including one mentioned in the original post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if this the right place or even if it will be picked up by anyone who can make a difference but can we please have a little more focus on colour blindness? A while ago we had the ESPHome changes which made it almost impossible to tell what was online (since fixed). Now I would like to see some changes to the automation and script trace/debugging screens.

I find these symbols extremely difficult to decipher. Rather than have some vague colour borders around the symbols (I believe there are three being used) that are very hard to discern couldn’t they be more pronounced?

And better yet, why does every symbol have to be on a white background? At the very least the current step could have a different colour background - that would be a huge improvement on its own.

Thanks for listening.

And separate to this but still UI focussed, I can’t be the only one who would like the step up and down buttons not to scroll off the top of the page with the symbols?

1 Like

I’d propose to create a feature request / discussion in the HA frontend repository. I think that way it has a higher chance of being seen.

Or a different shape. Why do they all have to be circles ? They could change shape (box, octagon, etc) and size along with color changes. The connecting paths could be dashed and/or have their width change.

Done.
And included the excellent idea from @HeyImAlex