Streams on IOS laggy

Hey,
i’m trying to setup live stream integrations of my cameras. In my Browser and Android device the streams are running well.

On my ipad the streams are laggy. The video seems to be fine but audio is stucking every second. I first thought its an issue by the reolink_dev integration, but i See the same behaviour using the amcrest Integration.

Hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards

Can you give it a try with webrtc custom card?

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve tried the webrtc already (only for the reolink system yet), but unfortunatly, no change - still jerking audio stream in ios. But I’ll give it try for the ancrest cam.

What about lag of stream using Webrtc?

The Video stream was ok both times.
But only the audio stream stucks every second and the continues shortly. I’ve also tested it with frigate and the frigate integration, exactly the same.

Got it, you can ask help from webrtc developer giving audio codec name

Perhaps it’s AAC codec. That should be transcoded to PCMA or PCMU for using with WebRTC. My new go2rtc project can do this without any problem.

2 Likes

Sounds interresting, thanks. I’ll try the go2rtc project.

Edit: go2rtc works perfect with the amcrest, thanks :slight_smile:

Hello @AlexxIT,

I am using Frigate on HaOS. Currently, when watching live broadcast on iPhone with a custom webrtc card, the image is perfect, but there is no sound from the broadcast (the speaker icon appears on the screen). Can you share a sample configuration for go2rtc setup?