Sudden Problems With Tuya Smart Life Lights

Thanks for sharing that fixed my problem with color support!

1 Like

I copied your file to mine. It does bring up the color picker but once i select the color the light changes but then becomes unresponsive until i change it back to white in the original app.

bummer :frowning:

Just tested my setup again and it’s still working for me. Perhaps different bulb types work differently? That behavior sounds like what was happening in the original setup for me before adding the custom_components folder.

Only other advice I can offer is check your Home Assistant logs, they can be useful in showing exactly what isn’t working right.

Has anyone successfully fixed the Lovelace interface to show bulb color again?

Looks like it is fixed in the current dev version

1 Like

this worked for me. thanks!

1 Like

I’m not too familiar with how fixes get rolled out, but do you think that the fix in the dev version will make it to release version any time soon?

I just upgraded my docker to the current dev Home Assistant 0.105.0.dev20200112 and I am still having the same issues.

I want t patche “light.py”
I’m on HassOS 3.7
I install SSH & Web Terminal
I can see: addons backup bin config data dev etc

But find / -name light.py did’t find it.
I have the srv folder but is empty.
Someone can give me some light to find my light.py? :slight_smile:

I converted all my 27 Tuya lights to Tasmota using Tuya-convert in December. I used to lose lights now and then with SmartLife (was a pain because I needed to redo all the routines that had them in Alexa). Never happened once since on Tasmota. Lights are also more responsive (button reaction is much faster (with setoption30 at 1).

1 Like

If you can’t use a Raspberry Pie because it’s busy running hassio, what you could do is get a small size MicroSD card (4 GB works) and install Rasbian Lite/Tuya-Convert on it. Swap the card from your Raspberry Pi to run tuya-convert and swap it back after when done.

@bradcrc - works with my set up - So I have Tuya lights for the first time in over a month. I also have a bunch of Tuya switches in a bricked heap in the corner. Tuya won’t give up and I’m not wasting time or energy trying to beat them when there’s a whole bunch of other platforms that are slightly more expensive but just plain work.

1 Like

Looks like it is fixed in the current dev version

Could you provide some details / link please?

so are any of the fixes currently working? i was using a modded light.py but it stopped working after HA update

Same here.

I’m guessing they are referring to #30213
Which is listed as a fix for #28602

1 Like

Hello guys, same problems here on HA 0.106.2.
Was you able to figure it out?
Thanks

Hi all, i have this problem with tuya bulbs, they don’t show the color and i can’t change it. I tried to copy directory tuya in custum_component and then i changed the light.py file but nothing. There is another fix?
Thanks

shut home assistant off adn then i just used the light.py in the main ha directory, i had to open the current file and select-all and paste in the code from the light.py listed above, save and reboot, and it worked again for me.

hacky but it worked.

Hello, what about your solution but for a docker user?
If I shut HA off, I will close the container (obviously) and then I cannot access the configuration folder by CLI any more (inside HA)

Thanks