Supervised Install on Proxmox

Hi everyone,

I have HA installed as per the steps explained in this thread. I’m having troubles with the frontend loading after I upgraded to the latest 2021.4.4 (from 2021.3.3). I also checked the config validity against the new version with the Check Config addon I have installed.
I understood that it could be related to the .storage folder to be deleted (I have backups of course) in order to fix this issue, but I wanted to make sure this is the case before proceeding.

In addition to this, I just want to report that I waited for at least 24 hours (with front end not loading) before touching anything, knowing of the DB rebuild process part of this release. My DB is currently around 350MB.
Anyone else with a similar issue?

I found a solution on proxmox forum that solved my hell night

gdisk /dev/zvol/vmdata/vm-113-disk-1

You’ll see something similal

GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.3

Partition table scan:
MBR: not present
BSD: not present
APM: not present
GPT: present

Found valid GPT with corrupt MBR; using GPT and will write new
protective MBR on save.

So enter the command w and press enter
It will ask to confirm, after that you’ll be able to boot again

1 Like

I struggled all night with this.
used the latest proxmox ve iso. Loaded up fine.
downloaded the latest qcow and mounted that to the new VM created.
VM Starts and says running - but nothing on 8123. Tried several times.
Can’t see any obvious errors. Rather frustrating as it should be a fast set up.

Hi folks,
Thank you for the detailed procedure.
I follow it and all is working fine, except my Conbee II that is not being recognized by the VM.
It is recognized by Node and I’m able to add the usb device to the VM configuration but it’s not being listed by Debian with lsusb command. Already rebooted many times but no lucky.
Any one know how to solve it?
Thank you in advance.

conbee

Has anyone used the haos_ova-7.0.qcow2 ( latest version ) ? For some reason that just doesn`t boot up for me despite recreating the VM and the vm-disk a number of times and rechecking all the install steps.

Am using promox proxmox-ve_7.1-2 which is also the latest. I have had this running and installed this config a number of times without issues but this qcow doesn’t seem to work for me. Using a standard HP Elitedesk ( old but cheap x86 from Ebay )

Txs for any feedback, if someone has this running then obviously I have some issue I’ve missed.

Just used the github whiskey script and got a clean install without having to do the normal 10 - 20
manual steps, all of which can junk your install. So I definitely recommend using

whiskerz007/**[proxmox_hassos_install]

My latest 3 manual attempts failed so I’m extremely grateful to whiskerz007 for this automationn

whiskerz no longer works. Use tteck’s instead - GitHub - tteck/Proxmox: Proxmox Helper Scripts.

1 Like