Support for Bravia Smart TV (2013+)

Hi @kophinos
all file placements are not under the config directory but the folder where you have the distribution installed. So where you have your python3 under Lib/site-packages (depending what OS etc).
Also be aware that i do not have more then one Bravia so i don’t know how it behaves and i would like to see the output of python -m netdisco dump after making all the modifications in your /homeassistant/ not /.homeassistant/ !

I’m unable to get this working on 19.4 when following your directions to the best of my ability. I get the following:

May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: File “/srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/scene/init.py”, line 17, in
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: from homeassistant.helpers.entity_component import EntityComponent
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: File “/srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 5, in
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: from homeassistant.components import discovery, group
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: File “/srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py”, line 40, in
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: SERVICE_BRAVIA: ‘media_player’,
May 16 15:22:14 hass[3420]: NameError: name ‘SERVICE_BRAVIA’ is not defined
May 16 15:22:15 systemd[1]: [email protected]: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 16 15:22:15 systemd[1]: Unit [email protected] entered failed state.

Um, that sucks. I have a little time and i added the stuff to use settings in the .conf so i can pass it to you if want to try it out. I do need to find out how to proceed with some of the stuff before i can reasonably try to have it included in the hass :frowning: bit i am slowly getting there. Stuff like pin code enrolement and reading tv channels from the tv’s api and so on… hopefuly i have some time… you on gitter sometime i can be arround? My timezone is gmt+2

Version 0.5 work in progress…
getting the channels from the tv sucks so for now, file…
reading the currently playing channel etc works and i am doing the groundwork for getting the cookie needed so i hope to clean it a bit and maybe finally work towards including it…
(play prev, play next is mapped to channel up/down since i do not use other features right now).
The tv integration stuff is basic so far so not sure if i am working in the wrong direction… :-/

preview :slight_smile:

current channel and whats’ on.

select channel from list (important, channel number in front of the name for it will send the ir codes till the first whitespace).

Do the Bravias have a notification system? My main TV is a Bravia but my secondary is webOS and the notification setup on it is awesome with HA!

If your Bravia has Android TV , then Push-bullet app can be used maybe

Sadly not Android TV. I’ll keep searching for something.

Bravia TVs from year 2015 and later has Android TV, however in my nVidia Shield Android TV (SATV), I tried searching PushBullet and it’s not available. I went to play.google.com and it is available for my SATV, however I cannot get it to install in my Shield TV, as if Google Play does not push apps to nVidia Shield. The same thing could happen to Bravia TV running Android TV. You can install apps within Android TV’s Google Play Store, but installing apps from play.google.com does not get downloaded and installed in your 2015+ Bravia TV.

As this thread is about 2013 model Bravia TVs, I’m going way off-topic here and none of the forums are a fit to discuss my issues with Android TV at hand.

Did you try manually installing the APK? that might work.

Is this the component that is now in use? braviatv.py & braviarc.py?

This component is now flooding the log with trying to connect every 10 secs and if TV is off, it prints a error. If TV is not on, it should not be an error…

You can make a quick fix in /home/pi/.homeassistant/deps/braviarc/braviarc.py, line 71
change line:
_LOGGER.error(json.dumps(response.json(), indent=4))
to
_LOGGER.info(json.dumps(response.json(), indent=4))

Or you can change ‘info’ also to ‘debug’.

nope, sorry.

how do you get the input to change (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc)?

Can I add my 2011 XBR-55HX925 ?
It is listed as Remote Control Supported on 2011 XBR-HX92 series

but nothing happens when try to configure or creating the bravia.conf

Is that list wrong or is there another way to pair?
Thanks

Most of the things I have seen say 2013 or later. Before that, I haven’t seen much success in the web searches I have done.

1 Like

One day I might do a packet capture and see if the protocol is very different (I’ve got a 2011 Bravia too which has an app so in theory should work)

1 Like

Anyone have issues with the volume control slider for this integration?

The volume buttons work but the slider doesn’t have any response from my TV

I’ve been adding volume input sliders into the dash but I can’t get this one working…

I am having similar Issues as Stewface, the tv (KDL32W705B) does not respond to the slider volume commands

restarting HA turns on my tv, is there anyway i can fix this ? or does it happens to everyone.

I have the same problem. Havn’t find any solution yet

If you have an external amplifier then slider won’t work, see amp configuration option notes.