Support for Eufy RoboVac or Smart Bulbs?

Easy to add the switching aspect of it, the energy monitoring side looks trickier

Good to hear about the switching, and completely understandable about the energy monitoring. Thanks!

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/13773 is the PR for basic bulb and switch support

This was merged, 0.68 will support Eufy bulbs and switches

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Thanks for all the work you put into this!

I’m having issues related to this component in .68. Do you want us to post errors here or on the reporting tool (or both)?

I have reverse-engineered the python-lakeside library into a nodejs library if people would like to use it
https://github.com/bobrown101/euphy_driver

I literally just pushed it, and only tested it on a lightbulb
PR’s are welcome to get the full functionality of the original python library

For the uninitiated (me), can you tell me why or when I might use this as a nodejs library instead of the built-in component? I’m sure it’s obvious to most, but I’m barely stepping into this world.

Thanks for doing this! Is vacuum support in the works or is it a totally different api?

Sounds like you have been busy and helped us all out. So it sounds pushy but any word on the robovac yet or is it down the line?!

2 Likes

I have the 30C and willing to give any data that I can

1 Like

@mjg59 I have a couple 30C’s as well…great little vacuums but it doesn’t seem they integrate well with ANYTHING…at least not yet. Would be amazing to see them able to be used within HA. Any help/info I can provide I’d be more than happy to!

1 Like

I would be interested in a component for RoboVac 11c…
Coding this seems way over my head!

Any updates on RoboVac support on this by chance? That’s the one thing that’s sorely missing here!

I’ve done some research into the local Robovac API - it is different from the API used for bulbs and switches. I’ve added some detail on this ticket on the underlying library that supports those bulbs and switches. I’ll give writing a new library and home assistant support a shot in the next few weeks, unless someone else beats me to it. I’ve got some work on the Hue integration to tidy up first.

1 Like

Just an update on this. After many days and nights of banging my head against possible options, and several back and forths with Eufy support, I was able to get my RoboVac 30C’s working in HA. It’s highly hacked together and ugly, mkaes the Eufy mobile app dang-near worthless, and requires the HASS.io Google assistant server add-on since it’s done via the already existing GA/Eufy integration. And since I am moving shortly all I’ve done is proof of concept it with a couple commands. That being said, it does work lol which being basically the last ‘smart’ device in my household that didn’t yet work in HA made it extremely satisfying :slight_smile:

If anyone is interested I can give some short info on how I went about doing it.

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested. I’m in the same boat, my 11C is the only item I have (so far) thats not integrated into HA

As luck would have it, I just shut down all my servers as well as my NAS where I have my backups last night…so I can’t get you an exact config until sometime next week. However, the gist of it is as follows…and keep in mind I have multiple 30C’s so conceptually this should all be the same but there may be minor variances.

• Per https://www.eufylife.com/pages/google-assistant-en, Eufy’s Google Assistant service should work with multiple vacuums if you say “OK Google, ask RoboVac (robot name) to start cleaning”
  • I found the above to not be fully accurate through back and forth incl. video evidence with their support. Long story short, you could not say “OK Google, ask RoboVac Entryway to start cleaning”, as it would simply “transfer” over to the Eufy integration which would then say “Please say the name of the device you want to use. You have Hallway, Entryway, …”
  • Eufy’s full response was the following:

"Really appreciated you provided the details and a short video. We tested again and we replicated your case. Our software team explained that we are using customer action with Google now, which means Google only allows us to use the given/last name to control the device. For example,

Common given names: John/Mary

Common last names: Smith/Adams

Please view detail here:

https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow-enterprise/docs/reference/system-entities

So, Google can not recognize “entryway” for the first time when you give the command to it. Would you please give your four RoboVac the given names to have a try? This will work for you.

And we really appreciate your feedback, we will explain clearly in our app. Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!"

• So while I could not say “OK Google, ask RoboVac Entryway to start cleaning” and have the EntryWay RoboVac instantly start cleaning, I discovered that sure enough I could rename the EntryWay to “John” (or any other common first or last name) in the Eufy app, and then say “OK Google, ask RoboVac John to start cleaning”. And no, I’m not even joking on this one. I wish I was -_-
  • From there, it was just a matter of setting up this addon here: Community Hass.io Add-on: Google Assistant Webserver (broadcast messages without interrupting music)
  • Then figuring out how to tie the entity button to call the web service at the proper URL (which I want to say is http://[local_hass_ip]:5000/command?message=ask%20robovac%20john%20to%20start%20cleaning). But again the exact URL and the entity button to URL call is what I don’t have the exact config for available at the moment, but I can get you exact info sometime next week if you’d like.

It’s far, far from the most “ideal” solution as again unless you are better with names than I you’re unlikely to remember which RoboVac “John” is in the app, but it makes it pretty seemless from the HA side as you’ll never see that it’s actually calling that jankyness in the background. Hacky, kinda crappy, but it works lol. Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks for the detailed write up. Its a shame Eufy dont just get their finger out and offer IFTTT support or something by now.

I’ll check out that link and give it a try tomorow, thankfully mine is called Dave anyway (Dave sorts downstairs, when I get another vac for upstairs I’ll need a name beginning with U).

Not sure if your 30C is the same as my 11C is so much as it offers a few different modes and 2 different strength settings, I’m guessing you don’t have access to them? I’m really wanting to set mine away on max mode, but at this point I’ll be grateful if its gets connected at all.

Thanks again :+1:

Yeah they’re in a box as well, lol…and yeah I’ve asked Eufy twice now about why they don’t have IFTTT support and why their integration sucks so bad but all I’ve gotten are generic BS responses. Vacuum does it’s core job (vacuuming) well and is pretty cost effective compared to other models so I can’t complain too much, but that would definitely be nice.

And as far as the strength settings I know it has that but frankly I’ve just left it on auto…I’m not sure off the top of my head if that can be changed by voice or in the app or not. I’ll try to remember to post further config info next week for ya on the exact URL and entity button/config info.