Support for pre 2012 models LG Nestcast TV's needed

Changes are only in media_player.py so if you want you can replace only this file. I made the all zip in case if someone want to integrate it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank a lot! I will give it tray again later and will let you know :slight_smile:

Hello sir!

I’ve just tried your custom code and worked flawlessly! Amazing work!

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Thank for the feedback and for appreciating my work. :slight_smile: Just from curiosity, does this plugin allow you to change TV channels from a list (dropdown) like mine?

1 Like

Hello!

Yes, everything is working :slight_smile:

Apart from the crappier channels available here haha

Thanks!

Hmm … Cool … Some day, after I update to higher hassio version, I might use this one, if I’m too lazy to support my own version … :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, it works for me but the config validation failed.
If I boot all is okay, but everytime I try to validate the conf I get :

Invalid config for [media_player.lg_netcast]: [turn_on_action] is an invalid option for [media_player.lg_netcast]. Check: media_player.lg_netcast->turn_on_action. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.lg_netcast/

I will perhaps rework it just to validate a cv.entity_id and not a cv.SCRIPT_SCHEMA just to see if hassio accept it better…

btw thant you for your work

Nevermind, my fault…

1 Like

having some trouble with this. I have tried a few versions above, lol. It doesn’t seem to see my tv. I pulled the network IP off the tv itself, and I have the access token from setting the app up on my phone. But it just shows the device as off all the time.

which version of this is the latest?

Might have already been discussed; however, I hadn’t seen it.

Is there any way to get the lg_netcast switching input sources? ie. hdmi1 hdmi2, etc.?

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue, can’t get the media player to show anything other than off. Did you have any luck getting it to work?

nope I have not.

Hello, I am from Argentina and I have the same problem with an LG 42LW5700. On the screen, approximately every 2 minutes, a sign appears that says GLOBAL-PLAT3.
I did everything detailed here, but I have no way to link it to Hassio.
Has anyone been able to get it working in hassio 3.13?

Downloaded this lg_netcast.
Put folder in configuration/custom_components, then restart HA.
Then open configuration.yaml and add this:

media_player:

• platform: lg_netcast
    host: 192.168.0.8
    access_token: !secret lg_tv_token
    name: LG TV

My access token is in secrets file.

Checked config, but i failed with this error:

Platform error media_player.lg netcast - cannot import name ‘MEDIA_PLAYER SCHEMA’ from ‘homeassistant.components.media_player’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py)

Edited your media_player.py file an changed this line:

from homeassistant.components.media_player import (
MediaPlayerDevice, MEDIA_PLAYER SCHEMA , PLATFORM_SCHEMA)

to this:

from homeassistant.components.media_player import (
MediaPlayerDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA)

Checked config, restarted HA and now i see my LG 32LV375S TV.

I can turn it off, Volume Up, Volume Down, but i didn’t yet figure out how to turn it on.

@snake I have a new version (If you’re using HA v103+) , that works on the newer versions of HA. :slight_smile: Note that not all TVs support wake on lan.
If your TV supports it just add “turn_on_action” like so (change the MAC with yours):

media_player:
  - platform: lg_netcast
    host: 192.168.XXX.XXX
    access_token: GM5DFE
    name: Kitchen TV
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: 38-8C-56-16-76-65

Mine doesn’t support it, but I made IR blaster and use it to turn it on with it.
This is how to make one for yourself. If you make one for yourself, include and the scripts that are shown in the examples. With these scripts you can then use turn on action like so (just change the IP, acc. token, name and room for your needs):

media_player:
  - platform: lg_netcast
    host: 192.168.XXX.XXX
    access_token: GM5DFE
    name: Kitchen TV
    turn_on_action:
      service: script.ir_code
      data:
        bits: 32
        data: 20DF23DC
        protocol: NEC
        room: kitchen

(If you’re using HA v103+) I’ll have to make repository in github for LG NETCAST, but for now just change custom_components/lg_netcast/media_player.py with the file from this link:

1 Like

It’s quite long since this topic had life but I still am on a pre 2012 LG tv (Lw560s)and I thought maybe some one could help me with this. Ok. Got the files, set up my configuration and had success on discovering my tv, turn it on(I used hdmi cec) and off and change channels. But the problem is that I constantly get the pairing key prompt on my tv. It does not display a code but just dots. This is displayed all the time on uneven time spaces and remains for a couple of seconds. The truth is this was the problem that made me try to intergrade my tv in home assistant in first place. It seems to be more of a HassOs problem than a netcast one.It’s quite anoying and I cannot find any solution. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions to try on this. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I just installed Home Assistant at my parents place and they are also getting that prompt from time to time. They have a LG 50PZ570W which I have not been able to get to pair with the lg_netcast integration.

I am not really interested in integrating the TV with HA, I just want the pairing dialog to stop appearing…

I want also turn that off because i don’t want use it with HA.

I also have the problem, that the pairing key request pops up every 5 minutes which is incredibly annoying. Did you find any solution for this issue?

I’m considering to unplug the TV from my network because I don’t need it’s networking capabilities a lot anyway, but it just bugs me that there is no better solution, like telling Home Assistant to leave this device alone? :smiley:

I commented out some code and it stopped poping out … If you want I can give you mu code … :slight_smile: