Support for Security Camera System via NVR - ESeeCloud/dvr163

@pgross
For handle the video we could use something like this:

We have a group in telegram so I think that using this with your addon and we should have a video in HA

Best regards
Stefano

@pgross
Hello again :smiley: do you have some news about the addon?

@Wes93 I apologize, I don’t! I’m not able to successfully run the current version of HA locally for development (per Local add-on testing) I run into errors. On top of that I’ve been very busy with work lately. When I find time to dig back in I will post an update!

I like the idea of Telegram (or any chat type room) to continue discussion but nothing happens when I click JOIN CHANNEL.The console however prints an error: Failed to launch 'tg://join?invite=VTgYk81SmxQ2YTlk' because the scheme does not have a registered handler.

@pgross hello again :smiley:
Could you try with this link? Telegram: Join Group Chat
I hope all togheter could find a way for using this :smiley:

I’ve been watching this thread for quite a while now, as I also have DVR163 cameras/dvr (OOSSXX brand from Amazon) I’d like to be able to stream into Home Assistant. You guys have done some awesome work with the request byte mapping – I tried @pgross’s python script and it worked for me as well! Have you guys had any luck getting the stream into something readable by Home Assistant? Thanks!

@BTCanada I was able to implement the script into a plugin so that home assistant exposed the proxy but the video is in a format that doesn’t play on the web UI even with the ffmpeg component. It consumes over 50% CPU and provides a broken video, it does not look promising. This is the ffmpeg config:

ffmpeg: 

camera: 
 - platform: ffmpeg
   name: Test cam
   input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i http://localhost:8080/test

The one up-side is the proxy DOES allow for ffplay to read the stream, so as long as HA and the port are available you could do ffplay <url:port>. This proxy is not as resource intensive as it doesn’t use ffmpeg.

1 Like

Hello @pgross
I here again :smiley:
I have some times and i want to test again your proxy script.
How did you have exposed the script to port 8080?

Best Regards
Stefano

Dear All,
I’m a newbie here, however, I have also such NVR device:
with 8 IP cams connected. For a couple of months, I’ve been trying to somehow integrate this device with my HA instance (v.2021-11-5).
However I’m not a programmer, just a HA user. Can someone help me to do this integration, please?
What has to be done to have this device integrated with HA?

1 Like

We don’t have a solution for displaying high quality streams within HA but I made an add-on that is able to receive motion detection events.

hassio-addons/dvr163 at main · pgross41/hassio-addons · GitHub (see DOCS.md).

You can add choppy low quality streams with a generic camera: Update the host and port as well as the chn (channel number) and p (password) arguments.

camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Front Porch
    still_image_url: http://nvrhost:port/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?chn=0&u=admin&p=XXXXXX&q=0&d=1
1 Like

Hey wes93. I basically have a heimvision cameras ca01 which real model is 575016 for the NVR model K8208-W, and was able to use your link

ffplay -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46" -i "http://<IPCAM>/livestream/11"

to access the camera stream. It was in fact succesful, though I have one question/issue. How can I see or add this stream to Blue Iris? you mentioned adding it to ShinobiCCTV, how did you do it? would it be the same for something like ispy or blue iris?

Hello Steven
Unfortunately the only software that I have found with custom header is Shinobi CCTV.
The alternative way is use a proxy that process all request adding the Header but the stream could not work with other software…
The only that work is ffmpeg (Shinobi is based on ffmpeg) with VLC directly won’t work…

Hhmmmm. Question, can I, just like in blue iris, stream Shinobi so that i can access it through other devices in the house through the web?

Yes you can, but when you add the cameras in ShinobiCCTV you don’t need to add also in blue iris or something else, you can stream directly from Shinobi to other devices in your house

Got it. I went my way last night installing shinobi cctv. Sorry for derailing the thread haha. But hm, how would I go my way to adding these cameras streams? would I click on add monitor and add the url to the full url path in shinnobicctv? I dont see an option for ffmpeg.

Hello Steven,
You should use the settings like my screenshot:

Select Advanced:
Then on Custom add the header

-headers "Content-Length: 59" -headers "User-Agent: JUAN ProductCheck" -headers "Host: abc" -headers "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46"

For stream set like here:

Shonibi use natively ffmpeg so no other settings or something else ;-D
Be careful, if your stream is H265/HEVC you should use the link from shinobi in VLC or enable JPEG MODE here

Dropdown menu when click in upper left corner of the page

Best Regards
Stefano

Hey West, sorry for not being able to respond and thank you earlier. I had been bussy to test this out and to reply, so sorry if I made you feel ignored!

I have tried setting up the camera with your setting but in all honesty, I might lack the experience with shinovi to get it to work. Poseidon over http or websocket wouldnt work, and to make sure that was the case, I even tried it on another camera (5MP Amcrest camera). I did get both cameras to work using hevc(h.265), but they also ran poorly/extremely delayed. I guess I will have to keep working on understanding this, wish i could just use blu iris haha, it just works in a sense.

So i have a firstrend nvr but its a juan dvr163 variant, and my cameras are used the “n1” protocol, same crappy nvr system everyone is talking about here.

There are ton of rebranding of the same nvr but has anyone ran a cross a nvr that supports this camera protocol and has rtsp support or is everyone pretty much exactly the same and requires eseecam for remote viewing.

Ive been able to use the low resolution snapshot in HA but thats about it.

Hi,
I find the ones from the cameras themselves (subject to them being the same as mine) are better res than the low res ones from NVR…

http://192.168.1.xxx/snapshot.jpg

So i updated the firmware of my NVR which is a k8208-w model, with the following firmware and under network settings there is now a radio box for a RTSP Server under network settings! I don’t know if my firmware was just way out of date “circa 2019” and other have discovered this but I’ve tried every darn RTSP address I could find and could not discover any way to pull a stream from the NVR.

http://download.dvr163.com/NVR/WIFI--NVR--IPC/K开头/FWHI36D_20210310_W-NVR_K8208-W_3_1_6_0_9013160200.rom

1 Like

Thank you @pgross for your hints :slight_smile:
I’ve just updated my NVR firmware to this version.
I will also try to follow this instruction. I do hope it will work :slight_smile: