Support for Security Camera System via NVR - ESeeCloud/dvr163

I could add my 50 cents to this, i bought a set from the make “Anran”, it’s 8 wireless 1080p cameras with a NVR.
I wasn’t able to get a decent stream from the NVR, only got a 640x30 (isch) with lousy bitrate so i decided to reverse engineer my cameras.

Checked the firmware online and in it i found the root password for the cameras, I connected the cameras to my own wifi at home then used telnet to logon and browse them, inside i found the url with the correct 1080p stream

rtsp://username:password@ip:80/ ch0_0.264

The same as you’ve posted above.

But I’m still trying to get the NVR to present a 1080p stream, and mainly because these cameras are overloading my wifi at home, even with 2 ubiquiti AP’s it’s using alot of bandwith.

Been trying different combinations and browsing the internet for various chinese NVR’s and forums on people who’s hacked them, but still no luck :confused:

These are the cameras i bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANRAN-8CH-CCTV-System-Wireless-1080P-NVR-8PCS-2-0MP-IR-Outdoor-Waterproof-P2P-Wifi-Security/32814471466.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.53ac4c4djp32f7

The 1080p stream is actually pretty decent compared to the price!

Bad lightening since it’s getting late here in sweden.

1 Like

somewhere in the NVR there should be some selection for stream resolution/bitrate
1080P may be asking a lot of cheap NVR for multiple camera at once. I expect reviewing recording you get higher resolution but livestream through NVR may be kneecapped to prevent killing it.

If you are using HA, I would connect HA to show individual camera stream.
I would turn OFF live stream from NVR and just use direct from camera, only using NVR for view recordings

1080P stream is like 20mbps or so I think and the NVR may only be capable of 10/100mbps on output ports only. IF looking at 2x2 or 4x2 of your cameras it also has some video processing to combine the images. This is worth checking

anyway, just some info for you.

Haven’t even thought of the total bandwith and what the NVR is capable off, I guess I’ll need to extend my home wifi with a couple of more AP’s to handle the load and keep the current solution untill next year when I plan to install NW cables everywhere and could go with POE cameras instead :slight_smile:

Got some fiddeling around with radio settings and also zoneminder settings to optimize, my goal is to connect it to some AI services to be able to have more fun with automations

Your network should be OK.

Issue will be NVR ability to serve images to users. It will have capacity to takenin images but outputting it may have a limit. I don’t know honestly but I imagine and have seen the cheaper NVR with 10/100 ports and will it has multiple for input it has single for output. How it handles 100mbit limit is the question. You are also dealing with HDD read/write speed as it simultaneously writes multiple images and tries display recorded images from HDD.

The NVR could potentially be a huge bottleneck. For this reason I was recommending view live camer feed direct from cameras to avoid NVR bottleneck.

I imagine your network router/switch is 10/100/1000 so you should be more than OK even when the whole 8k streamaing media becomes a thing.

I’m using this implementation on a rpi to save all cameras

Currently no decoding or encoding is done so it’s a direct copy from rtsp streams.

What kind of camera do you have this set up as? I can hit this url in my browser but it looks like a static image

Hi guys, happy to have found this page. I have a Yeskam 4 camera system with NVR and was struggling to integrate the cameras into HA. Finally tonight I managed to get both snapshot and video working thanks to you. So I’m posting this in order to help other people with Yeskam NVR camera system that might be looking to integrate them into HA. Customer services at Yeskam have not been helpful at all, they either didn’t know or didn’t want to give the information, their excuse was ‘the system is highly secure to protect the users’, so they told me it’s not possible to integrate them into Home Assistant.
So, the settings that worked for me:
For snapshots: http://ip:port/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?chn=0&u=myusername&p=mypassword
For video stream: http://ip:port/cgi-bin/sp.cgi?chn=0&u=USER&p=PASSWORD
Once again, thanks for posting here, it helped me get my cameras to stream to Home Assistant.

4 Likes

I would still like access to the motion detection events. @dsz it sounds like you would be able to get that based on the documentation even though it’s in Chinese. Is that correct? Do you have an example of how to trigger automation with a motion event from the DVR?

how did u find the root password of the camera , can u give some details ?

i have have these 8ch wifi nvr system .

I downloaded the firmware from anrans homepage and browsed it using 7zip, the passwords were stored with a standard encryption which various websites will decrypt in a couple of seconds

i have this same nvr with 8 cameras but i am not able to get its rtsp feeds

can anyone help me ?

can u help me find the user pass and get the rtsp feeds ?

Was u able to integrate this system with HA ?

Likely it is default

default user name is “admin” and default password no password (blank)

Thanks, these worked for the “XMart-O” 8-camera NVR system I bought off Amazon. I suspect a lot of no-name systems use the same hardware, or at least the same firmware.

Where I’m drawing a blank is resizing the video or snapshots. I’ve been able to put a video stream in a Lovelace card, but it’s cropped (“zoomed in”) so I can’t see the whole thing. Searching the web, I’ve found other camera systems which have “width” and “height” parameters passed in the URL, but they don’t seem to work for my system.

1 Like

this link worked for me too ,

but when ever i try to open this link in my chrome , my NVR hangs and restart , what is the problem and solution ?

r u using ur NVR system with HA ?

can u give some configuration details ?

Has anyone found any more parameters to pass in the URL?

The above works, but I’d like to set the height, width and/or resolution of the video stream and stills.

r u able to configure it with home assistant ?

can u give some details of configurations ?

work but the fps is quite low compared to the mobile app

After digging a bit with wireshark it seems the [adobe]flash app on the root of website (view2.html) is connecting with rtmp to the nvr. But i still can’t find the complete URL

1 Like