Support Heat Pumps in Energy Dashboard

Hi!

Energy Dashboard does only allow to display gas consumption. I would love to see heat pumps added as an option.
This should only be a minor change.

Any energy consuming (or generating) device can be added.

Really? I did not find it! I can only add Battery, Solar collectors, gas heating and water consumption. I was not able to get a separate graph and the corresponding energy distribution for my heatpump. Therefore I added a gas heating instead, with statistics from my heat pump.

But title “Gas consumption” doesn’t fit.

Add it under individual devices.

I have added several individual devices, like washing machine, fridges and so on. But it is not the same kind/quality of device. I want my heat pump explicitly displayed - like the gas heating.

How are you monitoring it’s power consumption?

Good question.

I have several dashboards displaying either current statistics or history stats.

The energy dashboard is a good addition to monitor overall power consumption and to compare values with earlier points in time.

Power usage and energy consumption as well as many other entities are either delivered by Luxtronik integrated (HACS) or dedicated electricity meter.

Maybe a different feature request is in order, as what @nickrout said above, you’re already able to add this to ‘individual devices’.
It sounds like what you’re looking for is not specifically to track usage of a particular device, but instead to allow categorization or tagging, then grouping of usage from devices based on the tags, categories (and maybe areas?)
ex: tagging a device as climate-related (heat pump) to allow separating it from separate usage. You might also tag lights & switches into a lighting category, maybe the equipment in a home office as ‘work-related’, etc, etc.

hm…
The dashboard has some ‘logical’ limitations - and I can see, that it will become ‘hard’ to divide all these different cases in the future…

Heating / Power Consumtion:

The problem here is clear:

• You have a chart for the Power Consumtion in kWh - which includes your meter-reading, your solar installation and maybe your battery.

• You have another chart for the Energy used for heating.
    This chart does allow the usage of m³ as well as kWh - since these are the measurements, usually provided on your bill / meter.

Now: The heatpump:
It is using electric energy - so part of your “Grid-Chart” - but applying also to heat…
You could add the heatpump as a “Gas Sensor” - then, it would just have the wrong ‘naming’… but without the knowledge of the efficiancy (COP, etc) it is not possible to detect how much energy you REALLY used for heating.

Oh my heat pump delivers current heat output measured as kWh. In combination with electricity meter you can build a lot of statistics :slight_smile:

ok, your heatpump can provide such data - but if this should be implemented into the energy dashboard, I would expect that this is a bit more complicated, because you would need to asure different cases as well.

Do you want to have the total energy output?
Do you only want to have the output based on the COP and the usage in your power consumption?
and so on… I agree, that having more options would be great - and I would also love to put my heatpumps into the dashboard, if I have them… but as said, I think it needs some changes in the overall architecture of the dashboard and how it is designed atm.

Agreed!

Most relevant (to me) seem:

• current power
  • current heat output
  • current cop
  • current status
  • daily/weekly/monthly/yeartly energy consumption
1 Like

I have a Panasonic heatpump, and with the latest release of this module, I can finally get realtime consumption data. I would be really nice to have it shown properly in the Energy dashboard, as it is a huge consumer of electricity in the winter.

Well add it then.

if your heat pump delivers current heat output measured as kWh,but it cannot be added in the energy dashboard,

homeassistant:
  customize_glob:
    sensor.*heat_pump_energy*:
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
      device_class: energy
      state_class: total_increasing

device_class,state_class

Agree, Energy Dashboard needs support for HPs.
I made an entry in another thread, should have done it here instead. But check it out:

/A

Yes. the data I get from my F730 Modbus via NibePi and MQTT are missing a few attributes to be useful. I have corrected this in configuration.yaml by adding this:

homeassistant:
  customize:
    sensor.nibe_airflow_ref:
      unit_of_measurement: "m3/h"
    sensor.nibe_eb100_adjusted_bs1_air_flow:
    sensor.nibe_eb100_bs1_air_flow:
    sensor.nibe_hp_consumed_energy_due_to_heating:
      state_class: total_increasing
      device_class: energy
    sensor.nibe_hp_consumed_energy_due_to_hot_water: