Support to Scene modes using Remotec ZRC-90

Hello guys,

I’ll try to put something together and I’ll share with you.

@tchellomello much associated!..the only piece that’s missing from my setup at the moment. Don’t want to buy a minimote

@ackfool @tchellomello is the man… he helped me to get it to work

1 Like

@Kartono Glad to hear yours is working. Gives me Hope. Can’t wait to set mine up

@ackfool i just made notes up on how to do it ( from a noobs prospective ) and have sent them to @tchellomello for review. once he has given it the ok i will post them for you. :grin:

@Kartono sounds great mate thanks. Very much appreciated

hi @ackfool here is my notes hope it helps…

Download from tchellomello get hub “zwave-events.py”
Place in a folder eg: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zwave_monitor
Download from tchellomello get hub  “turn_on.yaml” and save in a folder /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/script
Download from tchellomello get hub  “zwave-events.service” and save in folder /lib/systemd/system
Add script: !include script/turn_on.yaml to configuration.yaml

Edit turn_on.yaml to what you wold like to operate and then test in HA to make sure you script is working 

Collect your Node data by tail-f OZW_Log
In putty
sudo su - homeassistant
cd .homeassistant
tail -f OZW_Log.txt

press each bottom on the remote and record data should look like 

Detail, Node004,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0x32, 0x00, 0x01, 0x9a
open zwave-events.py
edit matcher details to your Node details eg:

MATCHER = 'Detail, Node004,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03,'	

Note you don’t need the last three parts 0x32, 0x00, 0x01, as this is the identifier of the button

make sure OZW_Log = points to your location of the file eg:
OZW_LOG = '/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/OZW_Log.txt'

Under HA information add your locatal ip address of you Pi 
URI = 'http://192.168.1.8:8123/api/services/script/turn_on'
And the token is the password you set in you confiquration.yaml

also remove line 28,30 and 31 fix the format on line 29 eg:

MATCHER = 'Detail, Node004,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03,'

OZW_LOG = '/home/hass/.homeassistant/OZW_Log.txt'

to exit tail-f = ctrl c then type exit

make sure your zwave-events.service file has the correct User and execstart 
if using the all in one installer it should be set like this 

User=homeassistant
ExecStart=/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zwave_monitor/zwave-events.py

You might have to fix your permissions for user homeassistant by 
sudo su –
chown homeassistant. -R /home/homeassistant

now to make the script run automatically 
ps aux | grep zwave
cd
systemctl enable zwave-events.service
systemctl start zwave-events.service
systemctl enable zwave-events.service

that’s it should work now….

@Kartono thanks for the post. Just got crazy busy. Will try this weekend and post results. Thanks again for the effort guys

1 Like

@Kartono Hi mate tried having a go but have a few questions. Sorry if I’m a PITA.

Cannot see “turn_on.yaml” on techellomello’s github. Am I missing something?

With “Add script: !include script/turn_on.yaml to configuration.yaml” This inst familiar to me. Can you please elaborate what this would look like in configuration.yaml please? Script commands I’ve seen in this type of format:

script:
notify_pushover:
sequence:
etc

Doing Tail works fine, thanks for that. In your example however you cut off 4 parts at the end when you said remove 3. Is 3 a typo?
If I can please get an example of your zwave-events.py that is prefilled (take out password info) that will help me heaps.
Will also make it clearer when I get to the part "also remove line 28,30 and 31 fix the format on line 29 " Not getting at at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll be fine from there. Thanks again mate

Hi @ackfool

you can find my files here: https://github.com/kartono24/myHomeAssistant

“Cannot see “turn_on.yaml” on techellomello’s github. Am I missing something?” sorry you had to cut the script that was pasted on this page and make the file up

“Doing Tail works fine, thanks for that. In your example however you cut off 4 parts at the end when you said remove 3. Is 3 a typo?”

yes typo sorry - the second to last one is the button id
Detail, Node004, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xef, 0x00, 0x01, 0x47
Detail, Node004, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03,’

“With “Add script: !include script/turn_on.yaml to configuration.yaml” This inst familiar to me. Can you please elaborate what this would look like in configuration.yaml please? Script commands I’ve seen in this type of format:”

I use groups, when you make a folder you need your config to know where the script file is

just copy my layout in github

hope this helps

Hello!

I’ve modified @tchellomello’s original zwave-events.py to include support for single click, double click, and long press. You can find the modified zwave-events.py that I use at: https://gist.github.com/clintoncrick/f7aeb59bd314f6cb6b3fd0d103e23ddc

Please note that you will most likely need to modify these lines: #36, #62, #63, #66. Also note: the event that gets called is no longer compatible with the previous turn_on.yaml- there’s been a change to the base name and added support for the click types. The new events look like: script.zrc90_button_<button #>_<ClickNumbers value> or script.zrc90_button_1_2

1 Like

FYI, you will all want to keep an eye on anything related to the HomeSeer line of switches since they also use Central Scene. I started a fresh PR on the OZW repos that I hope to get back to in the next few days. It’s almost done.

3 Likes

Hi @clinton

Thanks for the work on this

:slight_smile:

@clinton Awesome!!! Good job!! Thanks for working on this!

Any news on your pull request to OZW?

I’m using a slightly-modified version of the scripts posted by @mfdutra to monitor for double/triple clicks and to trigger events in response. The result is very fast (sub-second response time) and has been reliable thus far. I’ve documented the complete procedure for deploying this script along with a service definition that should be ready to copy/paste into your terminal.

I’m not hard-coding any node IDs into the monitor script here, the script will detect any Central Scene command and then pass it through as an event. Adding/changing nodes to detect is a simple matter of modifying the automations.yaml to respond to the specific device.

2 Likes

Hi, i tried your script and it dint work for me. I think it has something to do with the matching.

This is what I get in my OZW.log file:

2017-11-09 09:31:54.605 Detail, Node013,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0d, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0x61, 0x00, 0x01, 0xc0
2017-11-09 09:31:54.605 Detail, 
2017-11-09 09:31:54.605 Info, Node013, ApplicationCommandHandler - Unhandled Command Class 0x5b
2017-11-09 09:31:56.094 Detail, Node013,   Received: 0x01, 0x09, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0d, 0x03, 0x80, 0x03, 0x5d, 0x22
2017-11-09 09:31:56.094 Detail, 
2017-11-09 09:31:56.095 Info, Node013, ApplicationCommandHandler - Unhandled Command Class 0x80

Do i need to update open zwave or what do you think could be wrong with it?

My script was setup to work with the Homeseer HS-WD100+ and HD-WS100+ switches. Your log looks different from mine, are you using the same switches? Specifically, I don’t see any Central Scene command being sent by your device.

Im using the Remotec ZRC-90. What version of open-zwave do you have?

python-openzwave (0.4.0.35) on Python 3.6.3, but it’s worth repeating - my scripts are explicity setup to support the HomeSeer devices, I have no knowledge of how the ZRC-90 works or the messages it sends and the script hasn’t been tested against that device. Chances are it won’t work.

1 Like