Switch for Playstation 4

I created a new thread just for the custom component, this one started to get a bit messy if any new people wanted to use it

1 Like

Iā€™ve followed your tip and it has worked like a charm. Thanks for the information!

1 Like

I have been trying to set this up, but it is proving frustrating. When I run sudo ps4-waker I get ā€˜No credentials; Use playstation app and connect to ps4 wakerā€™. I have no idea how to do that in the App and canā€™t find anything relating to ps4 waker in there.

If I run node v it says v8.2.1
If I run nodejs -v it says v7.10.1
If I run npm -v it says 5.3.0

I have installed netcat and ps4-waker so I think I have installed what I needed to correctly.

Any ideas?

Yeah you have to run sudo ps4-waker then open your ps app and connect to the other ā€œPS4ā€ with the name ps-waker. Then you can use ps-waker.
In the app there should be something like connect to ps4 or so.

I hope it helps.

This time I closed the app on the phone and restarted it and it prompted to say it had found it. I clicked on ps4-waker and it just said connectingā€¦

I went to my ps4 to get the code and entered it, but it failed. Now when I type sudo ps4-waker it says;

WAKEUP sent to deviceā€¦ 192.168.0.7
Logging inā€¦
Login error; PASSCODE_IS_NEEDED

If I go into the playstation app now the only device it is finding is PS4-484 and not PS4-waker? Not sure if that is what it is meant to do or not?

Hmā€¦
maybe you should ask directly at github https://github.com/dhleong/ps4-waker because I donā€™t know either.

Sorry that i canā€™t help that much

Thanks for your help. I feel I have got a little further thanks to your previous post. Iā€™m new to this so maybe a case of trying to run before I can walk.

OK so I have tried again and this time when I entered sudo ps4-waker -c .ps4-wake.credentials.json -d 192.168.0.7 it has worked when entering the PIN from my ps4. I think previously I had put the space in the PIN number as displayed on the screen of my playstation rather than just typing it as an 8 digit number without spaces.

So I am a little bit further now! The next step is to save the credentials file in the config dir. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to hook my raspberry pi to a monitor? I only have access to the HASSBIAN folder and its contents from my windows pc. There probably is an easier way, but as a newbie I have plenty to learn! Thanks for all the help so far you guys are great!

After that I am a little unsure of this section Test that ps4-waker -c .ps4-wake.credentials.json -d 10.0.0.4 search works . It seems to be the same command as I previously entered to initialise the pairing process. Do I just do it again from the terminal?

Anybody able to advise on this? The next step is Save credentials file in the config dir, default location is .ps4-wake.credentials.json in the config dir.What command do I need to enter to copy this file to the config dir?

Thanks

the config-file should be in the right directory
try ps4-waker to start your ps4 (note: your ps4 has to be in sleep/suspend-mode) if it works then youā€™re good.
if not you maybe have to copy it to /root/.ps4-wake.credentials.json you do that with sudo cp [sourcefile] [destinationfile]

Anyone trying to get this to work with Hass.io as an addon?

My mate tried and failedā€¦ Has.io doesnā€™t allow ssh or have sudoā€¦ So youā€™re very limited with it.

Tbh, hass.io only appears to benefit beginners of HA. Granted it makes things easier (updating, ssl etc) but without ssh youā€™re limited to the components already available in homeassistant.

I rely heavily on sudo/ssh as most of my switches do something on the cmd line. The pros certainly donā€™t outway the cons imo

1 Like

running all in one and so close I think to getting it to work. Error log is showing below multiple times. ps4-waker can suspend and wake the PS4 up but not showing up from HA. Have added to custom_components/media_playerā€¦ then added in the mediaplayer but no dice. :frowning:

2017-08-15 22:23:44 ERROR (Thread-5) [custom_components.media_player.ps4] Command failed: ps4-waker -c /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.ps4-wake.livingroom.credentials.json -d 192.168.0.102 -t 5000 search

1 Like

Thanks for the info on that, Iā€™ll guess Iā€™ll wait a bit with Hass.io aswell then (if it ever will support this).

Hello everyone! Some time ago my PS4 switch state stopped reflecting the actual state of the PS4. Itā€™s just the switch state element thatā€™s broken, actual operation of the commands is fine.

ā€œnc -z -wā€ was working but has since stopped, I believe this coincided with the release of a new firmware for the PS4.

Trying nmap and ā€œps4-waker searchā€ and grep the relevant parts does not seem to work either. If anyone has a working command_state section I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it.

Edit: found the issue with telnet, I mixed a { with a ( where I shouldnā€™t have. Nothing quite like posting on the internet to make you feel stupid :slight_smile:

the ps4-waker search seems to return a result faster than telnet. Iā€™m using:

'sudo ps4-waker search -d 192.168.0.40 | grep  "200 Ok" > nul && (echo "true") || (echo "false")'
2 Likes

Have you sorted it out? Mine started showing this error as well.

I used the suggestion from anosognosia above, but changed ā€œnulā€ to ā€œnullā€ and things started working again.

Got a really annoying issue I wanted to document.
When added the ps4 component, I get offered the PS4 Configurator irrespective of where my .ps4-waker.credentials.json file is located.

The popup asks for the ps4-waker.credentials.json so I oblige and put the whole JSON string in there.

Two days later, error after error, adding after deleting, it turns out all it wanted was the variable from credential and nothing else.

The wording should definitively be changed in the prompt to avoid confusion.

@fanuch What do you mean by variable from credential? What did you enter into the damn configurator box? This is where I am stuck too.

Edit - did you just copy/paste the user_credential string?
Edit 2 - yes, just enter the user_credentials string and it works!

@fanuch thx for the hints!

(HOPEFULLY someone else sees this that has been stuck for days attempting to configure this)