SwitchBot bot/curtain/meter/contact/motion MQTT ESP32 bridge - Local control

I understand this but what I mean is when it’s fully open it’s shows- 100% closed and when it’s fully closed it’s shows 0% open
It’s should be opposite.

@Zenia HA and the switchbot app use the opposite values for open vs closed. Thats just how it has to work if u want to use the HA entities

an HA cover entity uses 0% = closed, 100% = open

in the switchbot app 0% = open, 100% = closed

when you say “it should be opposite” I am assuming you are refering to the way the switchbot app/cloud does it

Yes
You right devWaves
It’s not a big deal but if it’s possible to fix it will be great, if not , oh well I am happy already, because they are working without any interruption. I tried a Bluetooth app but because my HA on Pi is in basement and curtains is at the second floor it’s not working
Cloud is working with hub mini, but not reliable and also I try to have everything local.
So you way to connect them true the ESP32 is BRILIANT . Thank you again.

Please leave it as it is.
I do not want to change my scripts and automations.

not going to be changing anything. it is an HA thing for covers, not specific to my code

Take a look at this post from the switchbot API integration discussion:

It uses a template to invert the number, you could adapt it to work with your sensor data from the esp32

Thank you for this info
I use this integration before I switch to esp32 integration
How and where I can add this part :
position_template: “{% if (states(‘sensor.bedroom_curtain_position’) | round | int) == 0 %}
{% else %}
{{ 100 % (states(‘sensor.bedroom_curtain_position’) | round | int) }}
{% endif %}” # my change using % (mod) to convert the value. if value is 0 it throws error in log about using mod on a value of 0. so place in the static value instead.
to my .yaml file?
TY

this is already being done in the esp32 code

Does anyone know if there’s any list for devices that supported by ESP32?

@chintito4ever it is in the title of this forum. atm supported devices are SwitchBot bot/curtain/meter/contact/motion

plug will be supported soon. possibly bulb and LED strip but not anytime soon

1 Like

Thank you but title doesn’t say anything about Meter Plus. Are they supported?

@devWaves The SwitchBot app is prompting me to update the firmware for my first generation Curtains and Bots. Please can you confirm what the latest versions of the firmware are that are tested and supported? It would be useful if this could be listed on the GitHub repository for all devices. Apologies if it already is, but I couldn’t find it. Thanks.

Hey. Yes meter plus is supported, they use the same code as the standard meter. Just add the meter plus MAC in the meter list. I will try to update the github page later

1 Like

latest supported firmware for bot is v6.2

latest supported firmware for curtain is v4.6 (needs esp32 code version 6.11)

I will try to update github page later

v6.12 released which fixes the issues with NimBLE v1.3.8, v1.4.0

also added a supported devices and firmware versions at the bottom of the readme

1 Like

I’m guessing it was because of the board. I got a different board working which has stayed up for a week without issues. I’ll give your suggestion a try so that, if anyone else runs into this problem, there’s a solution.

Hi devWaves,

I’m sticking with this over the new bt integration with the switchbot integration, I like it.

Was wondering if you’d consider adding a few bits. So under the mqtt integration and the esp32 itself, would it be possible to show the version of the software, i.e. 6.12
And also maybe the uptime?

Thanks

The web-Interface will show the version number already.

@evanshaw not 100% sure how I would do uptime, but I have added the firmware to the esp32 device in MQTT for v7 of my esp32 code which has some major changes/improvements and support for the plug mini with power monitoring

uptime can be determined by the online/offline messages posted on the lastwill mqtt topic

as @anon94216691 mentioned though, firmware version is already available from the web interface

been trying to get v7 out when I have time, but my newborn has been a bit fussy recently and he is top priority for me

2 Likes

Congratulations on your newborn and thanks a lot that you still find spare time to work on the code and support the users! Thanks heaps man!

1 Like