SwitchBot Contact Sensor

Hi, all!

I have seen that Home Assistant integration for SwitchBot it is working very good with many SwitchBot devices, but the SwitchBot Contact Sensor does not have enough support…

For now, I am using a custom hacs addon, in order to have all the entities for this contact sensor, working through mqtt, but I would love to use this device only through bluetooth, directly with Home Assistant, with the original integration.

The custom addon have these entities

But the SwitchBot integration only have 3-5 entities, and missing the most important entities…

Any hope for this integration to get more updates?

What is the name of the HACS add on please?

Sorry, I forgot that I haven’t use a HACS addon, I used this firmware GitHub - devWaves/SwitchBot-MQTT-BLE-ESP32: Allows for multiple SwitchBot bots and curtains to be controlled via MQTT sent to ESP32. ESP32 will send BLE commands to switchbots and return MQTT responses to the broker. Also supports Temperature, Motion, Contact sensors

Which I don’t recommend because it has not been updated for more than one year and it is not maintained anymore

Nobody uses switchbot contact sensor and does not want more features for the default integration?! :-o

I find this the best sensor for entrance door in the apartment. You have a button which can help you automate more things, the sensor it is very fast responsive and accurate…

3 Likes

Should the button press work with the official integration? If so how should it work? Nothing appears in the log when i press it, FW 1.1 and also tried with fw 1.0.

Help with ble_tracker - Switchbot Contact seems to be a way to get it without the need for mqtt, not the best way as it does not allow for multiple esphome bluetooth gateways for one device, at least I do not think it does

1 Like

Well, not yet… Because my request does not have any votes.

If this request will have as many votes as needed, maybe the switch bot integration, will have this integrated in the future… That’s why I was asking myself if nobody uses this contact sensor…

I know about that ble_tracker way, but as you said already, it is not the best way… Till now, I still use the " SwitchBot-MQTT-BLE-ESP32", which is the best way in this moment, but if the official integration will do something good, it will be the best way.

The problem with the “SwitchBot-MQTT-BLE-ESP32” is that the creator does not maintain this anymore… so… there are already some warnings, maybe errors in the future… and so on…

I have ESP32 bluetooth devices allover the house, and I use switchbot curtains with them, but if they will implement some better functionality for the door sensor or other devices, it would be magnifique :smiley:

Vote for the request, hoping for more and more votes.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this feature too… Without the entities, the SwitchBot Contact Sensor becomes irrelevant :thinking:

At the moment I guess it makes more sense to buy a cheaper alternative…

I need button entity on Switchbot Contact Sensor (WoContact), too.

When I go to bed, I want to push the button on WoContact to switching off some lights and some plugs.

please someone add function to addon.

1 Like