Switchbot integration

I’m guessing it’s just a typo here in the text, but just in case - switchboY.py?

Ha, good catch but no. That is my mac (incorrectly) autocorrecting me. The script is named as it was downloaded: switchbot.py.

Can someone confirm they have it fully working in Hassio? And which version? Hassio recently began using Python 3. Is your script able to run in python 3?

Still struggling to make this work in hass.io Does anyone have it working in hass.io?

I cannot find any relevant error messages to determine what is wrong. (other than what i posted earlier)

Any plans to make this a real component?

I don’t have the python skills to make it a real component, if anyone want to take over they’re welcome too. It’s quite high demands on the code for real components, and I’m really a .net developer.
I’m quite sure I have it running on python 3, but it’s running on my slave instance of hass. No hass.io.

I know this have been a long time coming, but I have finally added support for several Switchbots and updated the code a bit. I am aiming on making a pr for a real new platform when it’s tested some more, and I’ve made all the test and such. Would you guys mind updating to this version of the component and trying it out?
Updated SwitchBot custom component
Still same config:

switch:
  - platform: switchbot
    name: Your switchbot name
    mac: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
1 Like

what a star!!!

I will update over the week however I must confess I cheated and ran two copies of the custom component.

switchbot.py
switchbot2.py

thanks tom

Works for me but slight delay compared to mobile app. Usually around 4-5 but can be longer.

Any idea why it is happening?

The Switchbot now have a native component. Use that instead

Using the switchbot component and was refering to that :slight_smile:

Works solid but often very slow with 5-15 second delay. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Start a new topic about that, since it’s not the same component as this one and you can get more answers there perhaps. I would think it’s probably due to range issues.

Where is the component? The link doesnt work

There’s a native component now. Just search in the regular components on the website.

It doesn’t work for me I am not using hassio. I am running my HA using docker. Do I need to connect the switchbot to my nuc bluetooth for this thing to run ?

Create a new support thread. This is about a custom component that is no longer in use since there is a native one now.

Official component

1 Like