SwitchBot Woes - noob can’t get button presser to work

Hi, I’m new here and willing to learn.
My HA is running on a rpy3b.
I have a SwitchBot button presser that I bought about 6 months ago. It works great via my phone, and I would like to add it to me new HA set up.

I’ve added

switch:
 - platform: switchbot 
   mac: “AB:CD:ED:GH:IJ:KL”

To my /config/configuration.yaml file. I get an entity called Switchbot that is disabled. I can enable it and add it to a room. Tapping the On action on the overview screen does nothing. I have rebooted the host and core a few times. I’ve tried adding a name: to the config.

The dpi is about 3m from the switchbot with nothing in between so I’m sure the Bluetooth is good enough. I am assuming my rpi3b has Bluetooth and that it is enabled by default in the HA image I downloaded (latest from website this week)

Any ideas?

Those quotes above looks weird if you copied and pasted from your config file on to here. Not sure if that would be the issue. Also try adding a name: variable. Ref switchbot integrations.

If it still doesn’t work, you may not be alone, there are few users who reported the presser was working for them in the past and has stopped.

Thanks for the input. I typed the code so I think my iPad ‘fixed’ the quotes. In the yaml they are OK, I’ve tried both single and double quotes.

I’m optimistic that if it’s not just me then it’s a code problem and the devs will fix it :slight_smile:

I have the switchbot working now!

I had originally flashed the rpi3b 32 bit software. I checked and I have a 64bit Pi, so I reflashed with the 64bit image and things are working now.