[Synology DSM] Camera stream not working

Haven’t seen those error messages so honestly I don’t know. For movement and sound detection I’ve created separate sensors (see code below). A direct link I haven’t used and thus I have to look into it, but for me personally, if I open my HA the camera is displayed in my dashboard so that is sufficient for me.

- platform: rest 
    resource: http://<ip>:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=getDevState&usr=<user>&pwd=<password>
    method: GET
    name: "Camera Sound"
    scan_interval: 3
    value_template: >
      {% set status = value | regex_findall_index('Alarm>(\d+)</sound') %}
      {% if status == "0" %}
        Disabled
      {%- elif status == "1" -%}
        None
      {%- elif status == "2" -%}
        Detected
      {% else %}
        Not Determined
      {%- endif -%}

- platform: rest 
    resource: http://<ip>:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=getDevState&usr=<user>&pwd=<password>
    method: GET
    name: "Camera Motion"
    scan_interval: 3
    value_template: >
      {% set status = value | regex_findall_index('Alarm>(\d+)</motion') %}
      {% if status == "0" %}
        Disabled
      {%- elif status == "1" -%}
        None
      {%- elif status == "2" -%}
        Detected
      {% else %}
        Not Determined
      {%- endif -%}

Thank you! The motion sensor provided by the synology integration works perfect for me, so I don’t need to use the code you have for that. I was very intrigued by your code for getting audio detection. Based on some searching I have the impression that you have Foscam cameras and that my hikvision camera’s do not support audio detection…

Hi,

I had the same problem, I mean my Reolink cam doesn’t appear live in Home Assistant on my Tablet only (ok on my PC and my Pixel 3a phone). I tried many manipulations to solve it and I finally found one solution for me :

So I set this option to the lowest resolution and now it works fine even it is not the best resolution I would like have…

Sorry it is in french but I’m sure you will find the option :wink:

If it can help

1 Like

Even with your tip I get:
Error starting stream, see logs for details (Stream never started)

Think I get the issue:

Although I do see the picture(s) of the cam in lovelace, the stream is not working. I added the synology on the WAN IP (via DNS) but the stream is caught on the “real” IP adress of the camera and homeassistant can’t reach that…

Any thoughts?

Check my post earlier:

So, check if the first Synology Ethernet-port is reachable by Home Assistant. Also check if the Synology camera streampath setting → ‘validity period’ is set to ‘always’, if necessary.