Systemair SAVECare Ventilation unit

Let me know when you are done, so I can copy your config :smiley:

I would like to have a full blown integration for Systemair, or at least for ventilation units in general. Like the Climate integration.

I have this input_select:

I then made a sensor that multiplies the input_select state by 10

- platform: template
    sensors:
      temp_sendt_vtr:
        value_template: '{{ ((states.input_select.sett_vtr_temp.state | float * 10)) | round(0) }}'
        friendly_name: 'Temp sendt til vtr'

And then made this automation:

- id: '1635445362223'
  alias: Sett vtr temp
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_select.sett_vtr_temp
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 10
      milliseconds: 0
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: modbus.write_register
    data:
      address: 2000
      unit: 1
      hub: hub1
    data_template:
      value: '{{ states.sensor.temp_sendt_vtr.state }}'
  mode: single  

1 Like

Why such a fuss for the temps? Easy as that

modbus:
#  - name: hub1
    type: serial
    method: rtu
    port: /dev/ttyUSB0
    baudrate: 9600
    stopbits: 1
    bytesize: 8
    parity: N
    climates:
    - name: vent_VSR500
      address: 12102
      slave: 1
      data_type: uint
      data_count: 1
      scale: 0.1
      offset: 0
      precision: 1
      max_temp: 30
      min_temp: 15
      temp_step: 1
      target_temp_register: 2000
    sensors: !include VSR/NEW_VSR_500.yaml

Thank you :slight_smile: Finally a version of the climate code I could get to work. Others have eather failed in check or had state «unavailable»

Post no2 in this thread by @Tempo_Trevis
All credits to him. Read through the first 30-50 messages. He had a lot to offer
For the modbus manual by systemair you have to take the address and -1. So if it states 501 address you put 500 in HA config. At least the case for me

3 Likes

Your right - great work!

I couldn’t get his climate code to work - but now I can’t remember if maybe I used 2001 and not 2000 as you point out :slight_smile:

After a “lifetime” is the repository for the Systemair Save ventilation units ready (hopefully :grinning:):

3 Likes

This is beautiful. Ill give it a shot when I get some free time. If you add “buy me a coffee” on git we can say thank you for all the hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Repo just done, the same day I find out my Systemair can be connected to HA (Prob).

I see systemair also has an app.
For starters I would just see how much use of it I have. (Not including gadget and fun factor)
Anyone tried it as well?
I need an IAM_ID to connect the app, which I cant seem to find.
I can also connect to WLAN on the panel itself, but it does not find any networks. My guess is that I need some sort of ethernet module installed to the ventialtion?

In order to use the Systemair app or Modbus TCP, you need to have the IAM gateway, the IAM_ID is located on the back of the IAM gateway. An alternative is modbus RTU, which is available from the A(+)/B(-) terminals on the terminal card, but then you also need serial → ethernet converter or USB, whichever that suits your installation).

I have seen a guide with modbus for homeseer, seems like the cheaper option. 2000 NOK without VAT is a bit too stiff for me.

Hi everyone,

I have read this thread carefully and prepared for integration of my own system, Systemair VTR-150 from 2020.

I have installed a simple network-to-modbus RS485 adapter and have this wired up to A-B-G terminals on the controller of the VTR-unit. I have also managed to connect up this unit so that I have control over it over the network.

From configuration point of view I have put the following into my configuration.yaml file:

modbus:
        - name: vtr150
          type: tcp
          host: 10.160.1.98
          port: 8234
          timeout: 3
          delay: 5
          close_comm_on_error: false
          retry_on_empty: true
          retries: 10
          climates:
                  - name: Ventilasjon
                    data_count: 1
                    current_temp_register: 12104
sensor:
        - platform: modbus
          scan_register: 10
          registers:
                  - name: vtr150_utendørs_temperatur
                    hub: vtr150
                    device_class: temperature
                    register: 12102
                    register_type: holding
                    count: 1

The problem is that I am getting error when starting up HA:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/modbus/validators.py:201
First occurred: 17:37:20 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:37:20

Unknown error calling modbus CONFIG_SCHEMA
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 842, in async_process_component_config
    return component.CONFIG_SCHEMA(config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 215, in _run
    return self._exec(self._compiled, value, path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 339, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/validators.py", line 201, in duplicate_entity_validator
    addr = str(entry[CONF_ADDRESS])
KeyError: 'address'

What I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Anders

modbus:
  - name: vsr500
    type: tcp
    host: <ip til modbus-tcp adapter>
    port: <portnummer>
    timeout: 3  #Timeout for slave response in seconds (default=3)
    delay: 3  #Time to sleep in seconds after connecting and before sending messages (defualt=0)
    climates:
       - name: Ventilasjon
         data_type: uint
         address: 12102
    sensors:
      - name: vsr500_inntaks_temperatur
        device_class: temperature
        address: 12101
        unit_of_measurement: °C
        data_type: int

Your YAML code looked kinda funny in the code block, however I’m in the process of getting control of my Systemair VSR500 unit and this configuration works for me. Havent really had much time to work on this yet but hope it can get you started.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Just getting into this as well but using a HF2211 modbusrtu to wifi adapter. I’ve managed to get it hooked up and can poll information.

Does anyone have the complete sensors/climate/controls in a yaml already? Spares me reinventing the wheen and quite a few days of going through the manual and all the registers.

Tank you, GM! As a new user of HomeAssistant I have spent some time to get this installed. But now I have everything working, even the pop-up menus work. :smile:
This was the last part of getting everything in my house connected to HA. I guess this is where the fun begins, when I can make HA control the VSR300 to slow down the the Verisure alarm is activated.
I chose HA because of the community and the effort to integrate everything. HA is, as far as I can tell, the only smart house system that can control both VSR300 and Nobø HUB. Again, thank you, great work!

Do You have vsr500 recuperator or this is AirConditioning? VSR500 is the model name of central unit. What device do you have? AC or recuperator?
I have at my home recuperator IPRS550 and looking on SystemAir wall panel i see such information:

Any luck finding configs or have you worked it out yourself and could share?

Yes i have worked it out more or less. I’m not entirely sure if all the registers are mapped correctly though.
You can find the full yaml here: View paste DGJQ

1 Like

Thanks but the paste is gone could you please share it again?

This is absolutely brilliant!
I have most of it configured already. However, it seems like many of the required sensors are not there in the github repo, causing both dashboard and Node red to fail. I could of course try to rebuild the sensors in my instance, but wanted to speak up in case others will face this in the future. The only available yaml file I can see under sensors folder are the sensors_time_date_misc.yaml.

With the possibility of me being blind here, cheers.