SZLB-06 as a router

Hi guys, I’m fairly new to home assistant and I’m wondering if this SLZB-06 Zigbee Ethernet PoE LAN USB WiFi Adapter CC2652P | Zigbee2MQTT | Home Assistant | SMLIGHT | SMLIGHT Official Homepage can act as a zigbee router thru ethernet or I’m getting the wrong idea thinking that it’s like a wifi mesh?

My use case is that I need to extend my zigbee coverage from 1 house to my warehouse that’s 15 meters apart wall to wall. there is also a house in between (not mine). My house and warehouse run on one network via ethernet. I also want to run it both one zigbee mesh. Currently I have a router on my house that’s getting the signal from my coordinator in the warehouse. I’d say the distance between them is about 15 meters with fairly good line of sight as I placed them both near a window.

The problem is sometimes my end devices in the house drops or unstable even though I have lots of routers inside the house. Now I’m thinking if there is some kind of a hardwired solution and I found that SZLB-06 which can be flashed as a router but I don’t know how would that work. I don’t think a zigbee signal can transmit thru ethernet. Maybe the ethernet functions only when it’s in coordinator mode. Any answer is appreciated thanks.

Short answer is “no”, Zigbee repeaters cannot communicate over Ethernet. Zigbee is a wireless mesh network protocol.

Full answer to very similar question and options is in this recent thread

Correct. But you can use the SZLB-06 to create a second Zigbee network.

Basically, you cannot use it as a remote router, but what you can do - is set up as a second coordinator with the SAME home assistant setup. So you will cover different buildings. I read about that on reddit here https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/z28f9b/my_experience_with_multiple_zigbee_poe/, tried and it works as a sharm.
Here is the manual about the same Multiple adapters setup | SLZB-06 * Series Manual