TasmoAdmin

I’m new to Hass…I tried the automation, will have to check info cuz when I selected"state" my sonoffs that were added via tasmoadmin were not listed. I guess I need to use mqtt…

An example here for you.

# SUNSET - WHEN HOME #
    - alias: Sunset - When Home
      hide_entity: true
      trigger:
        platform: numeric_state
        entity_id: sun.sun
        value_template: "{{ state.attributes.elevation }}"
        below: 10
      condition:
        condition: state
        entity_id: group.family
        state: 'home'
      action:
        - service: homeassistant.turn_on
          entity_id:
            - light.hall
            - script.kitchen_normal

if your Sonoff appears in HA as something like switch.sonoff_1, use this as the entity ID in the action of the automation.

1 Like

Tasmoadmin is independent of Home Assistant - it’s a glorified web management tool for Tasmota firmware.

You need to add the switches to Home Assistant - either manually configure or by MQTT Discovery. Once you have them in Home Assistant as switches it’s simple to create automations to do what you want.

I know a lot of people don’t like MQTT discovery but I use that. All you need to do is to add the add-on broker for MQTT in hass.io (or some other broker) and then add the automation and setoption 19 On in the console for the switch and it will show up immediately.

1 Like

For some reason, every time I try to do an OTA update, it just re-flashes the same firmware as it previously had. I set the OTA IP to my Hass local IP, and left the port at the default 9541.

I’ve tried both the automatic option (showed 6.4.1 as detected), and I downloaded both the minimal and sonoff binaries and uploaded them using the interface. The device I’m trying to update is running version 6.1.1

This is what’s logged in the developer console:

StatusFWR: {Version: "6.1.1", BuildDateTime: "2018-07-31T17:59:09", Boot: 7, Core: "2_3_0", SDK: "1.5.3(aec24ac9)"}
OtaUrl: "http://192.168.1.13:9541/data/firmwares/sonoff.bin"
Upgrade: "Version 6.1.1 from http://192.168.1.13:9541/data/firmwares/sonoff.bin"

and then a little while later, I see this again:
StatusFWR: {Version: "6.1.1", BuildDateTime: "2018-07-31T17:59:09", Boot: 7, Core: "2_3_0", SDK: "1.5.3(aec24ac9)"}

Is it just me, or has this happened to anyone else?

Well it hasn’t happened to me…

Have you tried updating using the web GUI for the device? Using the minimal first and then the full?

Yes, updating via the tasmota UI on the device IP worked as expected.

so that’s odd then… I update in TasmoAdmin all the time so I can do all my switches at the same time and never had a problem…

Shouldn’t the OTA IP be the IP of the device being flashed, not of hass?

No. It’s the HA instance. Works fine for me and I asked someone and they confirmed that was correct.