Tasmota MQTT IRHVAC Controller

Or maybe using a sonoff Pow as a base?

Following with great interest.

1 Like

Be aware the BME280 will measure 1-2 degrees above real temperature. Check this out:

1 Like

Hi, after flashing with latest tasmota_ir, I don’t see I2C SCL (5) and I2C SDA (6). Any idea why?

Aren’t seeing them where?

On the dropdown list to choose in the tasmotta config:

looks like it’s not supported in that version

Use tasmota-ircustom.bin

1 Like

It is possible to add whatever sensors are supported in Tasmota …

Guys, I have great news … :slight_smile: Today finally I found some time and made the plugin work for HA 0.103 (I hope it will work in 0.104 too) … In next hours I’ll clean the code, as currently it is like a jungle and I’ll post it here … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can always correct the value by using templates. Just like in my case. I used a regular indoor thermometer (with the long tube filled with alcohol) and measured the actual temperature, then I corrected the value like this (I lowered the value with 2.7 degrees):

- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: 'tele/kitchenMultisensor/SENSOR'
  name: Kitchen Temperature
  unit_of_measurement: '°C'
  value_template: '{{ (value_json.BME280.Temperature - 2.7)|float|round(2)}}'

The first post is updated with the GitHub repository. I’ll include the link here …

EDIT: It works (tested) in HA from 0.103 up to the latest 0.104.3 too …

2 Likes

Still waiting on my parts to arrive but will be sure to try asap once they arrive.

Cheers

Working like a charm for me running 0.103.6. Thank you Hristo, I have been looking for something like this for some time. Ill buy you a beer if you’re ever in Australia.

1 Like

Awesome. I’m able to send commands (changing temp, modes, etc) via Home Assistant now. Only issue I’m having is it isn’t reflecting the changes from the remote in Home Assistant. Tasmota picks it up and I see the results in MQTT on the topic I have set for the state topic “tasmota/office/tele/officeac/RESULT”, but those changes aren’t appearing in Home Assistant. Not sure, I’ve probably got something mixed up. Below is what I’m seeing in MQTT. The first is the remote, the second is what I get when I issue a command from Home Assistant.

tasmota/office/tele/officeac/RESULT {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"MIDEA","Bits":48,"Data":"0xA1A06CFFFF42","DataLSB":"0x850536FFFF42","Repeat":0,"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"MIDEA","Model":-1,"Power":"On","Mode":"Cool","Celsius":"Off","Temp":74,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"Off","Filter":"Off","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}}
tasmota/office/cmnd/officeac/irhvac {"Vendor":"MIDEA","Model":1, "Power":"on","Mode":"cool","Celsius":"Off","Temp":73.0,"FanSpeed":"auto","SwingV":"off","SwingH":"off", "Quiet":"off","Turbo":"off","Econo":"off","Light":"off","Filter":"off","Clean":"off","Beep":"off","Sleep":-1}
tasmota/office/stat/officeac/RESULT {"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"MIDEA","Model":1,"Power":"On","Mode":"Cool","Celsius":"Off","Temp":73,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"Off","Filter":"Off","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}
tasmota/office/tele/officeac/RESULT {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"UNKNOWN","Bits":100,"Hash":"0x38AFB4E7","Repeat":0}}
1 Like

Thank You for Your feedback. I’m glad it works for you! :slight_smile:
There is even newer version with some code changes … Basically the same functionality, but with cleaned code. :slight_smile:

Hi, @lizaoreo! Feeling happy that it works for You too … :slight_smile:
About the receiving IR signals …
Is the first line of the log when you used the actual original AC remote?
This is the right IRHVAC receiving payload …

Do you have this line in your tasmota_irhvac config?
state_topic: “tasmota/office/tele/officeac/RESULT”

One of my ACs uses MIDEA protocol/vendor too … I’ll test in few hours if it works okay on receiving with my remote …
You can show me your config here … And if there is something in the logs too … :slight_smile:

May be your AC is not supported …
This is a list with all supported AC remote models

I found that one of my ACs is not supported by Tasmota IRHVAC. Its IR signal is recognized as COOLIX protocol, but no matter what button I press it always shows that is Power: Off and Mode: Off … Only the “data” is different … May be some day I will reverse engineer the codes for this remote, but for now … It wont work … Will be interesting to test if I can at least control it without having feedback from the original remote … :slight_smile: Will test that too … :slight_smile:

Would it be be possible to use the raw data ?

For the PIR sensor - SwitchMode1 2

For the raw data - yes you can …