Tasmota MQTT IRHVAC Controller

why on every change command also ON command send ?
this is make my A/C crazy… there is away not to send it to with like change the temp or the mode ?

@yuval.teltech Because most of the remotes make exactly the same. :slight_smile: You can just comment the lines, that sets the ac power mode to on, and it would not send it. It is a custom component and you can customize it for your needs. :slight_smile: You can even make a fork from my repo in github, and customize it there with version control. :slight_smile: But I can’t change the logic, because a few models, and make most of the ACs not work. :slight_smile:

What is you AC brand and model? Also when does your original remote send ON and when it doesn’t? Explain me how your remote behaves and I might figure what can be done for you. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Ah, I think you’re “the-mentor” from github right? See, currently, I don’t have enough time to make you a custom version for you. I just have too much work at my job, but when I find some time, I can see if I can help you. You can add any additional info for the behavior of your remote in the opened issue, so I can easier thinker over it. :slight_smile:

my a/c is “Relax” brand that used DG11J1-04 remote control.
in tasmota is recognize as Whirlpool_A/C .
when i change (not from the remote) the temp he send also ON command that make my A/C to become on hold (i think) , and when i capture the code from the remote i see all the command.
example :

{"IRHVAC{"Vendor":"WHIRLPOOL_AC","Model":1,"Power":"On","Mode":"Off","Celsius":"On","Temp":30,"FanSpeed":"Low","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"Off","Filter":"Off","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}

Aham … So when changing temp the Power is ON, but the Mode is OFF, right?

i will check later exactly the code from the remote.
who is “the-mentor” ?
i have more idea , for who used with the ir receiver also with tasmota , to update the HA ui if we used from the original remote instead from HA…just an idea…
any way thanks for your great job its amazing…

when the ac is on and i change the temp its looks that he send on command again and th ac got suspended . i will try to take a video to show exactly the issue.

Someone with this nick “the-mentor” opened an issue in github with same problem like yours. Anyway … When I have time I’ll see how can I help you.
The plugin already updates it state, when the original remote is used, if the hardware has IR receiver attached on it. Read the “Read me” section in my github repo (on the link below) for more information about how you can use this functionality. :slight_smile:

@gh0s7 I’ve updated the github issue with more detail hopefully it helps.

It does look like @yuval.teltech and I have the same issue.
if you have any questions about the info I provided in the github issue please let me know.

And again thank you very much for all the hard work !
-DM

1 Like

Wow - this is mind blowing to read as a newer HA user! I’m hoping I can get it to work in my house as I had 3 systems to control…but of course one at a time.

When I copy the folder to custom_component, restart, paste the configuration.yaml content and update it I get the error below. Is this something common? Have I missed something silly?

config-irhvac

My config.yaml extract is below:

climate:
  - platform: tasmota_irhvac
    name: Brivis MBR
    command_topic: "cmnd/ir_bridge_mbr/irsend"
    state_topic: "tele/ir_bridge_mbr/RESULT"
    protocol: "COOLIX"
    min_temp: 17 #optional - default 16 int value
    max_temp: 30 #optional - default 32 int value
    target_temp: 23 #optional - default 26 int value
    initial_operation_mode: "off" # optional - default "off" string value
    precision: 1.0 #optional - default 1.0 float value
    supported_modes:
      - heat
      - cool
      - dry
      - fan_only
      - auto
      - "off" #Turns the AC off - Should be quoted and should be always included here
    supported_fan_speeds:
      #- low
      - max
      - medium
      # - high
      #- middle
      #- focus
      #- diffuse
      - min
      - auto
    supported_swing_list:
      - "off"
      - vertical #up to down
      - horizontal # Left to right - remove if your AC does not support it
      - both # remove if your AC does not support horizontal
    hvac_model: "-1" # string value
    celsius_mode: "On" #optional - default "On" string value - you can remove it if you use celsius

And a sample of the code captured from my remote (the on button) from Tasmota is below:

{"Protocol":"COOLIX","Bits":24,"Data":"0xB21F28","DataLSB":"0x4DF814","Repeat":0,"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"COOLIX","Model":-1,"Power":"On","Mode":"Auto","Celsius":"On","Temp":20,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"Off","Filter":"Off","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}}

Lastly - I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I am using an IR bridge flashed with Tasmota. It’s running the tasmota_ir.bin.

You are missing the following code in your config.yaml section

temperature_sensor: sensor.kitchen_temperature

1 Like

I thought that was an optional line? I pulled it out… (whoops)

Can’t recall if I used it or not but the error you get appears to require it.

Just checked mine and I left it in as the default sensor kitchen_temperature

Yeah - passed validation at least, thank you for that :slight_smile:

I used your plugin to setup a off-the-shelf esp8266 ir blaster (which cost all of 1000INR/ USD 15) on amazon.in
Got to say it works extremely well with an LG Aircon.
I use logitech harmony with scripts in two other rooms for HVACs and they work nowhere as good as this! :slight_smile:

What’s even better is that this thermostat even shows up in homekit as a proper thermostat!
The only glitch I have faced is that the Dry mode does not show up on homekit although it does work from within HA

Could you please share your config? I got a harmony as well, and it would be great to use it for A/C.

Sure - Here you go…

1 Like

Is it possible to add more than one IRsend with different MQTT topic?

explanation:

It is possible in many ways … Here are two of them …