Tellstick duo + hassio

Hi! Is there som progress to get tellstick duo to work with hassio?
If so is there a guide to get i work like before?

Hello Henrik1986,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I recently installed hass.io on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the intention of running, among other things, my Tellstick Duo from hass.io. I spent a good amount of time following outdated guides on how to set up DuckDNS and Let’s Encrypt. When I was finally finished with my Let’s Encrypt setup I was kind of tired but managed to figure out that it is not that easy to get the Tellstick Duo to work on hass.io.

Now I am thinking about a fresh install to get the Tellstick Duo running a.s.a.p. and this is why I am replying to your post.

What do you mean with “work like before”? What setup did you have before?

My plan at the moment is to install a fresh installation of Raspbian Stretch Lite from raspberrypi, follow this guide to setup the Tellstick Duo and then finally install follow the guide called “Installation on your computer” home-assistant.io (I am at the limit of my allowed linking).

Can you confirm that such a setup would work? (My native tongue is also Swedish)

Hello
I upgraded to hass.io then my python version is soon out of date. I hoped everything would work fine in hass.io, but unfortunately not. Tellstick was a component that did not work at all. That’s why I went back to raspian jessie (version 8) that I had before. Review this guide and install HA in a virtual environment. Also be sure to update the pyton version.

HA + virtual environment: https://www.automatiserar.se/guide-raspberry-pi/
Upgrade Pyton in Virtual Environment:Python 3.6 upgrade of a virtualenv

Hi! There should be a new release coming soon. I’ve been following this issue (https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio/issues/225) on Git and the devs have been hard at work getting support for tellstick back in hassio.

As far as I can tell they’ve worked out the core components so it’s just a matter of time now :slight_smile:

1 Like