Telsa T-Smart Immersion Heater

Just had mine fitted last week, firmware was up to date out of the box and it now seems it does offer remote capabilities.
I saw an option to set a PIN passcode which got my suspicions raised about remote access.
With the latest firmware you can control this remotely so it’s doing some communication with a Tesla UK cloud to enable that.
A quick firewall change and that’s blocked.
I’ve also rearchitected the integration to allow manual IP’s to be added for those using vlans, bit of an epic PR waiting for you.

Ah excellent - I noticed that mine wouldn’t get found when I switched it to my “no internet” VLAN.

Hopefully the PR will get merged in to the hacs version but if you’re having trouble you can give my version a shot by grabbing it manually from here and copying it into your custom components folder.

Note it does require you to re-add your device, use a static IP and has only been tested on my own setup.

I’ve grabbed your version and it’s connected happily to mine which is now on my other VLAN. Thanks for this - hopefully it will get merged and I can switch back to the HACS version at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I grabbed your version also as the original one I was using could no longer control the T-smart. One FR would be to be able to grab the current temp, hoping to use it in an automation. Thanks for the great work.

You can get the current temperature by an attribute on the climate sensor. I use something like this in an automation but agree an actual current temperature sensor would make it easier for dashboards/automations.

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id:
      - climate.immersion
    attribute: current_temperature
    below: 40

I’ve just added the current temperature sensor to my version, along with attributes to see the high/low/average on it so it’s easy to automate/show on dashboards.

You can grab the latest version here.

I’ve also added it to the pr for the HACS version by @pdw but until it’s merged in I’d suggest putting a custom watch for releases in GitHub to get notified if I update it again.

1 Like

@codechimp Thanks for the fork, I’m going to try adding a remote T-Smart using your version. It might not last long because of dynamic IP from the ISP, but hoping initially I can forward UDP port 1337 on the router to it.

Forward thinking;

1. how difficult would using a hostname instead of IP be? (can then use e.g dyndns)
  2. can the UDP port be altered as I have two T-Smart at this second house (and would need to port forward separate ports on the router to each one)

Thanks

I think you may be able to use a hostname (excluding the http://) in the configuration, obviously you’ll have to deal with securing it somehow if opening up that port to the internet, almost the opposite of why most people want to specify IP addresses :slight_smile:

The UDP port would require a bit of a change but should be possible, let me know how you get on with the hostnames then I’ll look to add an optional UDP port to handle multiple.

1 Like

Update:

Hostname seems to work, though I can’t 100% confirm because the second property has 4G internet that doesn’t have a resolvable external IP :frowning:

So am going to have to re-think the connectivity method between the two locations and re-test.