Temp sensor trigger not working

I am trying to turn on a secondary air conditioner when the current temp is above a certain temp. I am trying to trigger off of the current temperature on a honeywell thermostat.

I know the actions work but I don’t think the trigger is firing. Here is the config.

alias: Turn on Supplemental AC
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    attribute: current_temperature
    entity_id: climate.honeywell_th6320zw2003_t6_pro_series_thermostat_mode
    above: '70'
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.alexa_media_echo_show
    data:
      data:
        type: tts
      target: media_player.echo_show
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    target:
      device_id: 6d719b0d4fb0b54e987a8f80a40c30ba
    data:
      hvac_mode: cool
mode: restart
max: 10

Hi, welcome to this forum.
Please read this about correctly formatting your code and use the appropriate markdown code blocks, so that your code is much easier to read.

I understand it looks crappy. It was completely generated with the UI but just pasted here, and the pasting threw it out of alignment…I am not a programmer.

Just looking for a trigger on the temperature of the above entity above 70 though…should this not trigger?

based upon the examples in my search this should be working…

edit your post above and put three backtick marks (```) on the line before and the line after the code block.

Done…Thank you!

that trigger looks ok to me.

are you sure you are using the correct attribute?

There are only two temp attributes and both of them are above 70…

Any hints on how to troubleshoot a trigger…

If they are already above 70 then the trigger will not fire.

the numeric state trigger needs to cross the threshold for it to fire. It’s the same for all triggers. They have to go from false to true before they fire.

try to get it below 70 and then when it goes back above 70 it will (should…) fire.

Ah, that makes sense. That works. Thanks for the help!!

1 Like

This is a way to have your automation run even if the sensor is already above 70: