šŸŒ” Temperature Control Exhaust Fan

New update 1.7

New Features :new:

• Added ā€œMaximum Run Time Option". This allows you to set a maximum run time for the fan if the falling value is not achieved.
  • Added ā€œGlobal Conditionsā€. You can now set any condition you like.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

It seems not to be workingā€¦ settings are the same as before, only set maximum runtime to 60min.

@kimbo1st

Hi Kim

Could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on ā€œ</>ā€ and paste code in there.

alias: Badkamer FAN automatie
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/temperature-control-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    trigger_sensor: sensor.shelly_temp_sensor_humidity
    entity_turn_on:
      entity_id: switch.badkamer_ventilator_switch_0
    rising_value: 75
    falling_value: 68
    maximum_run_time:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 45
      seconds: 0
    after_time: "07:00:00"
    before_time: "23:00:00"
    include_maximum_run_time: enabled_maximum_run_time
    include_time: time_enabled

@kimbo1st

Thanks Kim, found a bug, it is fixed and updating now. Let us know if it is working.

Blacky :smiley:

New update 1.8

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fix a bug if no global condition was set the automation would not run.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Hi - this seems to be exactly what iā€™ve been after and as similar posts have suggested I am using it to trigger heating on/off. Thankyou!! :slight_smile:

I do seem to be having issue after my initial testing. If I manually run the blueprint it works as expected.

How frequently does it run, or pull data before a decision is made? Or do I need to something else with this? As it does not yet seem to be ā€œautomatedā€ For info I have enabled time options and during testing they are within the range.

@o0Scope0o

Firstly welcome to the community.

Could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on ā€œ</>ā€ and paste code in there.

Many thanks for the welcome and reply. It is appreciated. As requested please see YAML code below. Hopefully I have just missed something silly(?)

alias: Office Heating
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/temperature-control-exhaust-fan-inverted.yaml
  input:
    trigger_sensor: sensor.office_thermostat_temperature
    entity_turn_on:
      device_id: 5c05ea8bbcf9faad96a4a4ab52e2e136
    falling_value: 17
    rising_value: 22
    include_time: time_enabled
    after_time: "08:00:00"
    before_time: "17:00:00"
    weekday_options:
      - mon
      - tue
      - wed
      - thu
      - fri

Edit: I should mention that I am using v1.2 ā€œInvertedā€

No problem, good to know.

I will move this to the inverted blueprint to stop confusion for others reading this.

I have the same problem - I would like to run a script rather than operate a switch but only switch entities show up. HA version up to date.
Iā€™ve tried editing the input code under domain to add ā€œ-scriptā€ but that doesnā€™t seem to work - and I have to admit I have no idea what I an doing.
Any help?

I will PM you.

Hi Blacky.

I was wondering if you would consider adding the option that if a fan entity is selected, allow setting the fan speed and oscillation.

And thanks, I love your automations.

:thinking: Thanks for you idea, I will add it to the list.

Your welcome.

A really nice option would be to add a time delay to the Trigger Sensor. The Temperature would have to be above Rising Value for X seconds. The same could be added to the Falling value. Also the ability to add scripts to the ran. I would like to send a notification when the fan turns on.

Thanks,

Have a look at this blueprint :round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions it is what you are looking for. Have a look at it and if you have any questions just ask in that post.

That would work but it would be nice to add Notification capabilities to some of these other blueprints. They donā€™t have to be as elaborate with the actions and buttons.

You dont have to use the action buttons. It will give you your Rising Value for X seconds and your Falling Value for X seconds. You can also run scripts in your actions. Just donā€™t enable the action buttons and enable the auto actions. Then enter your script and you are done.

This blueprint has been great and Iā€™m using it for a couple different things. One thing Iā€™m trying to do is have it turn back off after another sensor rises above a certain temp but I canā€™t seem to find a way to do that.

The exact use case is: I have a temp sensor in my attic that is driving the main trigger. Once it rises above 95F it turns on a fan that pushes warm air into my workshop below. It then shuts off if the attic temp drops below 70F. Works great but what I would like is a secondary temp trigger for when my workshop is above 72F it shuts off.

Any ideas?

@michael11

Welcome to the community.

I like the idea, I will put it on my list to doā€¦

1 Like