Template Cover

The pull request was declined. You either need to use the template override or try to reimplement the functionality with the python scripting. I have not tried to do the latter, and cannot provide any guidance for it.

Thanks, it#s still working

Please, anyone can help us with this? Can it be achieved with a script? If the cover progress is not tracked with time, how can it be tracked?

Sorry to revive an old topic, but with the new async update of 0.84, the custom component by @PhracturedBlue does not work any more.
I would also like to see the opening time and closing time in the official component. So that we can set the covers to any position, not just %100 and %0.
Thank you.

Should i place the template.py file under custom_components\cover\ . or directly under custom_components?
I place under the cover but it does not seem to load.

You should put it under custom_components\cover. But the current version of the code gives errors in 0.84. Check your log for errors.
I made small changes and it is working again. Thanks to @PhracturedBlueā€˜s great work. If anyone is interested I can upload it to github.
I wonder why this is not implemented in the official version yet.

Hello sendorm,

Can you please place it in github your version of template.py. Thanks.

I think i got my version of template.py altered and is working now.

Great to hear. Iā€™ll still upload the code after work, for reference.

Here is my updated version for 0.84+
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sendorm/home-assistant/master/cover/template.py

1 Like

HA HassIO ā€¦ has a new update
And Broadlink updated their home assistant control system
and it has changed a bit

I canā€™t get the timed cover to work. Would it still work with the latest version of HA ?
or is there an other simple way to integrate the covers on time based open / close.

@sendorm i see you posted a command on an other topic about the timed cover.
there you have a config example about timedcover. I looked at your github HA config.
But cant find the covers on your github.

The code still works, but you have to add manifest.json and init.py

You can find a small readme and the required files at:

1 Like

Thanks, i added the files and sadly the timedcover is not working proparly.
i used your sample config to test with.
On default i get an tiltposition and an normal position.
i only use the open/close/stop_cover commands
and have tried tilt_optimistic: false
i asume i the tilt position would not show up.

When i use lets say 30 sec for open and close the cover does nothing with these values
When i push the button to lower the screen the position jumps emediatly to down.

what am i missing or doing wrong ?

It works with the cover position slider. When you press the up or down it might jump to 0 or 100. Thatā€™s not that important. But letā€™s say your covers are closed and at 0 percent. Move the slider to %50 percent and the cover will work for 15seconds and settle at middle position. This also works with google home. Just say google to set the position to %50. It will do so. One thing to note. When you press the up to open the cover, wait for 30 seconds until your next command. If you donā€™t it will put the covers out of sync. Just press another arrow and wait to fix.

I was hoping that when i stop the cover going down within the time i would have the options for up and down. But therefore the slider needs to update to the correct percent (or at least be between 1 and 99). But that part does not working if i interperter your comment correct.

You can use the stop button, but currently it does not update the cover position to the position itā€™s stopped at. As Iā€™ve said I use the position with google assistant and it works as expected (setting the cover position to any percent with voice commands)

It would be nice that the position is updated for my aplication. I dont use any voice assistent and only uses the buttons.

You could either try to fix the code yourself or find a good coder :slight_smile: Unfortunately I am not a coder. It would have been perfect if this feature request was implemented in the official version. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Im also not a coder and dont now any who can solve this. I have seen that there is an esp-home timed cover. So it would be very nice if ha also add this future in the template cover or a seperate timed cover. The basic is already here. I look forward to it.

Thanks to @PhracturedBlue for the nice custom cover integration. And thanks to @sendorm for putting it all into an easy to consume repo.

I didnā€™t need the tilt function so I disabled it in the cover.py file.
I had noticed a few others were trying to do this as well.

I forked the timedcover repo from @sendorm and changed line 199 of the cover.py file to set the tilt value to None instead of 0.

Hereā€™s the change I made: https://github.com/rmooreID/timedcover/commit/111ffaa62147f6dee575dd03389bc7f8666a6bc7

Hope this helps anyone else who didnā€™t need the tilt functionality.

1 Like