Template: how to filter out based on 'solaredge' being in the entity_id

Well, I don’t see a need for namespace anymore… Outside organizing data before presenting it.

just wait til marius finds this, that’s going to be a lot of refactoring

haha, I am silently following along… trying to fix a library bump first now…
please keep at it!

1 Like

The flip side is one can now fill the object_id to the brim with metadata and then easily search for it. That invites the creation of gawdawfully long names. I still prefer using custom attributes for that purpose (and they appear, neatly, in the States view) but to each their own. :slight_smile:

sensor.rear_porch_west_temperature_battery_CR123_zigbee_etc

I’ve just found this (thankfully) and I have come up with something that feels a bit clunky, especially as petro says.

I’m trying to highlight unavailable entities (yes, that old chestnut). I have a group of entities to ignore but I also want to be able to ignore based on a pattern. e.g. the mobile app creates loads of sensors that I currently don’t use.

I came up with adding entities to the ignore group with a (dummy) domain of ‘pattern’, e.g.

- sensor.sensor_to_ignore
- pattern.prusa
- pattern.mobile_app

and then using the new(ish) search as petro showed above to create a dynamic ‘child’ ignore group

So, is there a better way to do this especially in light of the fact that I use a namespace?
(And also, states | selsectattr always seems a bit hefty to me too).

EDIT: there is a also a problem with this if the ignored entities group contains an entity that doesn’t exist. e.g. I currently have no esp32_cam02 so I am getting

..., switch.esp32_cam01, , camera.esp32_cam03, ...

which is obviously causing an error when populating the group. I’m working on it but any assistance greatly received :wink:

action:
      - service: group.set
        data:
          object_id: unavailable_entities_children
          entities: >
            {% set ns = namespace(child_entities = '') %}
            {% set ignored = state_attr('group.unavailable_entities_ignored', 'entity_id') | list %}
            {%- for item in ignored %}
              {% if item.split('.')[0] == 'pattern' %}
                {%- set child_pattern = item.split('.')[1] %}
                {%- set ns.child_entities = ns.child_entities ~ states | selectattr('entity_id', 'search', child_pattern) | map(attribute='entity_id') | join(', ') %}
                {%- if not loop.last %}
                  {%- set ns.child_entities = ns.child_entities ~ ', ' %}
                {%- endif %}
              {% endif %}
            {% endfor %}

{{ ns.child_entities }}

Thanks, this thread helped to solve my issue where the new button entities showed up in my unavailable/unknown list of entities (intended to debug system issues, which means it’s not useful to see buttons).

template:
  - trigger:
      - platform: time_pattern
        minutes: "*"
    sensor:
      - name: Unavailable Entities
        icon: mdi:help-circle-outline
        state: "{{ states | selectattr('state', 'in',['unavailable', 'unknown', 'none']) | map(attribute='entity_id') | reject('==', 'sensor.unavailable_entities') | reject('match', 'button') | list | length }}"
        unit_of_measurement: entities
        state_class: measurement
        attributes:
          # buttons don't have state – we don't care about buttons here
          unavailable: "{{ states | selectattr('state', 'in', ['unavailable']) | map(attribute='entity_id') | reject('==', 'sensor.unavailable_entities') | reject('match', 'button') | list }}"
          unknown: "{{ states | selectattr('state', 'in', ['unknown']) | map(attribute='entity_id') | reject('==', 'sensor.unavailable_entities') | reject('match', 'button') | list }}"
          none: "{{ states | selectattr('state', 'in', ['none']) | map(attribute='entity_id') | reject('==', 'sensor.unavailable_entities') | reject('match', 'button') | list }}"

Related posts:

1 Like

|rejectattr('domain','eq','button')

1 Like

Even better — thanks!

1 Like

Please tell me, is it possible or there is a function or filter that, the first time a match is found, simply returns the value true, and does not produce a complete list.

Generators are light weight. They don’t return the selected object unless you use it. If you use | first | default(False) it will return the value or false.

Thank you very much, could you give me an example?

that is the example… You haven’t stated what you’re doing so I can’t give any more example.

Well, for example

{% set items = ['abc', 'bcd', 'cde'] %}
{{ items | select("search", 'b') | list }}
{% set items = ['abc', 'bcd', 'cde'] %}
{{ items | select("search", 'b') | first | default(False)}}

returns value

• abc

right,

Is it possible to configure it to simply return true if there is a match?

I understand that then you can simply write a function, but maybe there is a ready-made filter?

no, there is no ready made filter

Many thanks for the help