Temporary Automation Change

It has been more than a year since I set up my HA - my memory is not so good on how everything ties together. I am away from home with limited access and resources and would like to make one slight change to my automation scheduled for later today. I can ssh into my HA rpi, but can’t get to the browser interface.

My question:

If I modify the groups.yaml and (for example) comment out one device in a group, will that stop the automation assigned to that one device for the next scheduled group automation?

Or another question:

From a RPI command line, is there any way to turn a switch on or off?

Thanks -

From the command line, you could possibly run hass --open-ui to launch the UI. From there, you can disable / enable automations by either toggling them on your front end (if shown), or use the automation.turn_off service under services in the developer tools on the bottom left.

Appreciate your suggestion - thank you. But my only access is from a remote ssh connection to the HA server. Can’t see how the ui would display from a command line connection?

You can do port forwarding over ssh to allow you to open your UI remotely.

$ curl -X POST -H "x-ha-access: YOUR_PASSWORD" \
       -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
       -d '{"entity_id": "your_automation_entity_id"}' \
       http://localhost:8123/api/services/automation/turn_off

You can do this via the rest api…

Here is an example where I was using the command line component to turn a switch on/off in HA.

You can use the command state example to pull the current state of the entity, then turn it on/off and check it again to confirm the change worked.