Tester(s) wanted: new denonavr component

This is dead, in favour if the recently added denonavr component https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.denon/ (scroll down) Thanks everyone!

Added a Feature Request for Zone 2 support for denonavr component. Would appreciate the votes.

Hows this going? I’m trying to get the denonavr component working but I’m getting…

2017-06-03 09:16:38 ERROR (Thread-10) [DenonAVR] Missing status information from XML for: FriendlyName

I have an AVR 1912. Searching for that error hasn’t been much help.

I tried simplifying things and running the client by itself but I think I’m inputting the command wrong.

$ python3 denonavr-cli.py  --host x.x.x.x  'cmd0=PutNetAudioCommand/CurDown'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "denonavr-cli.py", line 12, in <module>
    main()
  File "/tmp/p/denonavr/denonavr/cli.py", line 12, in main
    MAINZONE=Denon.Connect(args.host,args.zone)
  File "/tmp/p/denonavr/denonavr/denon.py", line 30, in Connect
    return Zone(ip, zone)
  File "/tmp/p/denonavr/denonavr/denon.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.updateInputs()
  File "/tmp/p/denonavr/denonavr/denon.py", line 131, in updateInputs
    tree.findall('SourceDelete')[0]):
IndexError: list index out of range
$

I got past this error by specifying a name in the component config. The docs say it’s optional. Now to figure out how to send commands to it.

I have a 4310ci. I get:

[DenonAVR] Missing status information from XML of Main for: MasterVolume, InputFuncSelect, Mute, Power

Nice job! But I can’t get Zone 2 to appear.

EDIT: Nevermind, I upgraded HA to the latest and it’s working now. I assume the version I was running previously didn’t have the zoning improvement.

Hi,

I’ve a Denon AVR 3312 and I’m trying to make it work.

Forst of all, as it’s not WiFi enabled, I use an access point and the AVR isn’t detected every time. This is a network issue, the component can’t do anything on that.

But, when the connection is made (HA sees Denon as “home”), there are things I can do randomly : volume and input select seem to work every time, but play/pause/next/previous don’t ? Sometimes, play/next/previous even allow me to navigate in the NET menu, acting as the remote.

Is there any log or XML from the amplifier that you would need ?

And also, is there any way that the component could interact with the AVR, somehow the same way as the web interface does : display the play list, let the user choose a track, navigate through folders on the USB device or on DLNA…

See : Tester(s) wanted: new denonavr component

Thanks,

I’ve seen that there are 2 “denon” standard components, denon and denonavr. I guessed the denonavr was more suitable for my AVR 3312 ?
BEsides the “denon.py” component using the telnet connection, which seems to add more constraints.

I’ll give it a try

I’ve made a test and I found a bug, or at least the returned sources from the AVR 3312 gives an error.
I’ll open a new thread as it’s not the same component…

then remains the question of “which one to use” :wink:

I have a Denon 4308A AVR and I got this error

Missing status information from XML of Main for: InputFuncSelect, Mute, MasterVolume, Power

How could this be fixed?

I often get a timeout when restarting home assistant, even though I set the timeout value really high. The problem is that it doesn’t retry and the receiver just never gets added…

I have same AVR and Issue

Hi
It is still tested this module ?
How i can install this and also start test ?