Texecom2mqtt: Texecom alarm panel and MQTT integration with HA support

@MarkB1 Just checked my logs and noticed that they’ve not updated for 6 hours with 1.0.39. Again, watchdog enabled, but it’s very much dead. As with you, a manual restart restored service.

No spurious alerts in my logs (I don’t have debug enabled) - the last event was a normal report of a zone being tripped and returned to normal.

rolled back to version: 1.0.36, the last snapshot I have all okay

Replying to myself - running with debug logs sheds no further light on the issue:

2021-03-17 21:52:37 - DEBUG: Updating system power...
2021-03-17 21:52:37 - DEBUG: Publishing to texecom2mqtt/1090125/power: {"battery_charging_current":9,"battery_voltage":null,"panel_current":567,"panel_voltage":null}
2021-03-17 21:53:25 - INFO: Remotely arming House Alarm to Part Arm 2
2021-03-17 21:53:25 - WARNING: Could not arm House Alarm
2021-03-17 21:53:30 - INFO: Remotely arming House Alarm to Part Arm 2
2021-03-17 21:53:30 - WARNING: Could not arm House Alarm
2021-03-17 21:54:20 - DEBUG: Updating system power...
2021-03-17 21:54:20 - DEBUG: Publishing to texecom2mqtt/1090125/power: {"battery_charging_current":9,"battery_voltage":null,"panel_current":567,"panel_voltage":null}
2021-03-17 21:55:10 - DEBUG: Updating system power...
2021-03-17 21:55:10 - DEBUG: Publishing to texecom2mqtt/1090125/power: {"battery_charging_current":9,"battery_voltage":null,"panel_current":567,"panel_voltage":null}

Any thoughts? Will roll back in the short term and see if this makes things any more stable.

There seems to be a bug in the newer versions of the app. I’m working on a fix in between work commitments but I’m not 100% sure what’s causing it currently.

1 Like

Don’t know if it helps, my system log is full of:-

21-03-19 08:52:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with c15a2434_texecom2mqtt!
21-03-19 08:52:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.options] Unknown option ‘Port’ for texecom2mqtt (c15a2434_texecom2mqtt)
21-03-19 08:52:58 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning addon_c15a2434_texecom2mqtt application
21-03-19 08:52:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.addons.options] Unknown option ‘Port’ for texecom2mqtt (c15a2434_texecom2mqtt)
21-03-19 08:53:01 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on dchesterton/texecom2mqtt with version None

I’ve had T2Mqtt debug enabled but nothing in those logs gives any more details to the cause.

Don’t see anything similar here, but this still sounds like a problem with your config. Can you paste the whole thing from the configuration tab for texecom2mqtt? (feel free to mask any sensitive IP addresses or passwords, of course). If you use three backwards ticks before and after the paste, it will maintain the formatting which is vital for YAML!

Hi
I was intrigued as to what was causing the “ WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with c15a2434_texecom2mqtt!” So I ran a TCPDUMP on my RPI and found the alert coincided with the RPI sending a TCP FIN to the panel. This caused a TCP reset and I think that caused the watchdog to kick in.
Prior to the RPI sending the FIN there had been a few retransmissions from RPI to panel and panel to RPI.
192.168.168 = RPI
192.168.1.194 = Wifi card in Panel dedicated to Tex2MQTT
(wireshark dump image attached)

I’m sorry if I’m missing something - I’ve got many addons but for this one I continually get the following secrets warning:

The add-on c15a2434_texecom2mqtt uses secrets which are detected as not secure, see Pwned passwords and secrets - Home Assistant for more information.

The only passwords in my config are for MQTT which are randomly generated - am I missing another config where I need to change a breached password?

It will be the pincode for your panel. I had to change mine from 4 digit to 8 digit.

Lovelace PIR entity history slowness.
I have a Texecom panel with PIR’s and connected to HA using this (excellent) addon. After several hours there is inevitably a large number of state change reported by the PIR’s, to the extent that opening the entity screen in the HA UI takes a long time to render the history table & graphic and Chrome is slowing down. I am wondering if anyone else has faced this problem too please? Has anyone come up with a better UI for displaying PIR history?

Are you using Mariadb for your logging history. I found that spend things up. I don’t see any issue with the amount of events off a hue, genius and a fibaro pirs. My Texecom one doesn’t seem to report to regularly via the api, but I’m not so dependant on that one.

So it was, thanks for that! Having changed the UDL code all is fine.

This is because it isn’t a proper network connection its serial turned into IP. A serial port cannot direct traffic to 2 different destinations. About time they started making a proper IP interface in security products instead of what is really a workaround

Yeah, having now played with it a bit (and used Wintex) it’s pretty obvious that it’s just a “serial over IP” connection, which kinda sucks. Oh well, not the end of the world, but I need to keep stopping the t2mqtt service if I need to use Wintex (for config changes) or Texecom Cloud (firmware updates) as it really doesn’t like sharing the connection. Oh well, not the end of the world as I’ve no intention on using Texecom Cloud very often.

Since installing a ComIP on Com3 (via the little adaptor board) that i dedicate to HA, i’ve not had an issue using Wintex or the Connect phone app with T2MQTT logged in. i bought my ComIP from ebay, and got a good deal on it.

Mathew, I’d be interested in your thoughts on running this solution, I’ve had COM3 via a dedicated wifi module in place since I got my HA up and running. I’ve found that the Texecom V1 APP suffers and has become unreliable i.e. it doesn’t report as it did prior to hooking up HA. Do you use the TEX APP? which version V1 or V2? What version is your panel? Do you get timely reports back from the panel/ SmartCOM to the Texecom APP?

Does anyone know what serial is in the mqtt topic?
texecom2mqtt/[serial]/zone/[name]

Name is easy, but can’t for the life of me figure out the serial

I would guess it is the serial number of your panel, but I don’t know that for sure.

Mine looks like this 1003999128119051003999. First and last 7 digits are my serial number. Not sure what the section in the middle is.

How did you find that out? I can’t even see anywhere its logged out