The country has not been configured

It’s not thaaaat complicated. It’s just a huge minefield w.r.t. disputed territories. I understand home assistant not using or even maintaining such a mapping.

This worked for me as well. Thanks @msymms

1 Like

I came to the forums for this.

I have the following entries in configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
  name: Home
  latitude: !secret latitude
  longitude: !secret longitude
  elevation: !secret elevation
  external_url: !secret external_url
  internal_url: !secret internal_url
  packages: !include_dir_named packages
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  currency: USD

I think if I can account for packages and customize entries elsewhere, I can get rid of this section and start using the UI. However… I started using customize.yaml to override the default home zone radius, which I don’t think can be done through the UI yet.

FYI,
If you connect to the instance via the remote URL you will be unable to set a country in settings as all views fail to load beyond the main settings view.

Connect via local and then Settings->General will be accessible and you can set country.

You can leave packages and customize in there. If you remove the rest, you will be able to edit from the UI.

Ahh, interesting. I’ll comment out those lines and give it a try.

I wonder about the contents of customize.yaml, because that’s where I have my custom home radius defined. I think we’re still limited to YAML for defining a custom radius.

EDIT: I restarted with the homeassistant section as below in configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
#  name: Home
#  latitude: !secret latitude
#  longitude: !secret longitude
#  elevation: !secret elevation
#  external_url: !secret external_url
#  internal_url: !secret internal_url
  packages: !include_dir_named packages
  customize: !include customize.yaml
#  country: US
#  currency: USD

…and the System → General UI opened up. I didn’t gain anything, but moving away from YAML and into the UI is a win in my book. I wonder if I can edit the Home zone in Settings → Areas & Zones → Zones if I remove that customize.yaml entry?

EDIT 2: Nope… I still need the radius entry under zone.home in customize.yaml if I want a custom radius. When that moves into the UI, I’ll be able to get rid of that entry entirely.

A reminder for fellow UK inhabitants that the correct ISO code for UK is actually GB and not UK!

(Ironically, we now have to have license plates that say “UK” and not “GB” when driving in Europe though. Gotta love standards :slight_smile: )

Shouldn’t this be listed under breaking changes? Just spent some time trying to fix this whereas simply adding it before would have saved the trouble.

[FIXED] Also, I fixed it in YAML, but now I can’t change my locale settings in UI anymore, even though that’s where I want to change it. And there is no “Country” option in the UI. What am I missing?

[FIX] Turned out my auto “refresh cache” shortcut wasn’t working :smiley:

Doesn’t like it?

Look at post 36.

I’ve updated & restarted a few times, but that “error” still appears. The UI where it’s suppose to be doesn’t exist either.
Should I just ignore I guess?

The error is due to vs code being behind the times, it thinks according to what it believes is valid. The ha/vs code addin needs fixing. But ha itself knows it is valid.

I guess it is not in breaking changes, as nothing is broken by it.

Your responses here reflect on all who encounter them. Politeness is a good way to temper confidence. I’m working on it myself

This was just what I needed. My general UI was desactivated, even though I had nothing of that UI in configuration.yaml
The problem was that I had internal and external URL defined in yaml.
Your post has helped a lot. By removing internal and external URL from yaml, I have been able to edit location config in the UK.
Thanks

Thank you… I didn’t see this in Breaking Changes

It didn’t break anything :slight_smile:

Technically correct, but it harshed my buzz. :confounded: I’m over it now.

2 Likes

Since Norway NO doesn’t work, it likely affected by “The Norway Problem”: The Norway Problem - why StrictYAML refuses to do implicit typing and so should you - HitchDev