šŸ’” The Everything Light - Trigger a light any way and turn it on in any way

Hi Freddeh,

Thanks for this feedback.
Seems to be a fair observation, so Iā€™ll modify this for the next release.

Yes, the nature of dynamic mode is that you can set the maximum or minimum brightness to 0% (effectively turning it off). You can prevent this from happening by choosing other values or changing the values for ā€˜over maxā€™ and ā€˜under minā€™. See screen capture below.

NEW RELEASE:

09/01/2024 - Version 2.1

• Corrected a bug where the automation would not run unless an optional light sensor was selected.
  • Removed the ā€˜donā€™t turn the lights offā€™ option since it was redundant and could cause an error.
  • Changed the order of the turn off selectors to make them more user-friendly (Thanks @freddeh for the feedback).
  • Modified selector descriptors to make the automation more user friendly.
  • Modified the automation description for better legibility.
  • Moved some default values around for better consistence in the code base.
  • Slight modifications to templates for consistency and legibility.

This has been modified in todayā€™s release.

Might be a silly question ā€“ Iā€™m just starting out with HA ā€“ but how do you toggle?
If I press the button, it turns on my lights. But I want a press to toggle. Do you seen what I mean?

Thanks for the work though! It looks amazing

1 Like

Itā€™s not a silly question at all:
Activate the turn off function ā€˜turn of with triggerā€™ and set your trigger to the same button.
Then add a condition that checks if the light is on.

See example below:

Thanks a lot!

Makes sense, Iā€™m still lacking some reflexes like this mental puzzle :slight_smile:
That being said, it worksā€¦ but one light always re-turn ON right after. Iā€™m trying to toggle a light group.

Even if I only target that one light, it blinks (toggle off and on immediately Iā€™m assuming). I must have a conflict somewhere.

Thanks for the support!

Check the Traces (go to the Automation, youā€™ll see traces in the top right).
They will give you an overview of what happens in each step.
If there is any weirdness, just post it here or send me a message so I can have a look.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for a great blueprint!
Have been using it for a while and it has worked very well and easy to set up, especially after the latest update (after feedback from another user).

But ran into a ā€œproblemā€ today when I was going to make an automation with a power outlet activate on motion and realized that this blueprint doesnā€™t support switches.

Would it be possible to add support for switches?

I can confirm there is something fishy.
I added some cards to see if it was a group trigger or something else, but through the card it works as expected, meaning I toggle on and off both lights :confused:
On screenshot, itā€™s the Hue ambiance lamp 1 at fault.

Any traces youā€™d like to see?

@AntonH Actually, managed to replicate the behaviour with another condition for toggling on: expecting that group is off.
Seems a bit overkill to have both, but it works as expected.

Thanks for your help!

Agreed, itā€™s possible to select switch entity types at this moment, but not yet to control them.
Itā€™s not a big issue as switch entity type only turn on and off, so they only support the DEFAULT mode, however itā€™s something that needs to be address.

Itā€™s on the list for a future release.

thanks for the feedback.

NEW RELEASE:

10/01/2024 - Version 2.2

• Added support for switch entities (Only DEFAULT & TOGGLE modes are supported due to the nature of this entity type)
  • Added a new TOGGLE mode, allowing users to toggle light and switch entities with a simple setup instead of using the turn off triggers.
  • Adjusted and corrected descriptions to make the blueprint more user-friendly
  • Correcting some spelling errors

A new TOGGLE mode has been added to some this issue.

1 Like

Support for switches has been added.
Due to the nature of how this entity type works, only default and toggle modes are supported though.

Thanks for the update, been running it for a while now and works great.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your Bp, its works good for me, only the function Light Sensor does not find any Sensor. But i have 2 Homematic Sensors with Brighness. Under the Object is the Value available. But nothing in your Blueprint.

Someone any Ideas?

Hello, Iā€™ve found the blueprint and it looks like a promising solution for me. Thanks for the good work! I have 2 things I canā€™t figure out and think they are flaws in the design.
The first one is related to the turn_off_conditions. As far as I can judge, this turn_off_condition is ignored completely during the execution of the automation.
The second point concerns the turn off function. The accompanying text states that there are multiple options possible, but thatā€™s not the case, at least not simultaniously. For example, if I use the staircase function along with a ā€˜turn off with triggerā€™ option, the automation steps into the wait state of the staircase option, and during this wait state a turn-off trigger is no longer detected.
Hope this helps and can be resolved in a next version. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks, itā€™s great to see the effort is appreciated!

NEW RELEASE:

21/01/2024 - Version 2.3

• Fixed the turn off conditions. They are no longer ignored.
  • Only 1 turn off option is possible while Iā€™m working to fix interoperability of multiple options.

Youā€™re right!
This was an oversight and has been addressed in the new release (2.3 and up)

Iā€™m working on this for the next release. For now, Iā€™ve updated the BP so that only 1 option is selectable.