The Haaska Super Thread

Hello! I spent a bit of time yesterday to set everything up for my hass-Alexa integration. I managed to get it working with haaska but checking the docs I got the impression that the project is a bit abandoned? Documentation is outdated and can be challenging to set it up without a bit of previous knowledge. Is that the case, or simply there has been no need to update anything since release 1.1.0 back in January 2019?

What’s the advantage (if any) right now to use haaska vs the code published in the Hass docs?

Anyway, to the whole team working on this, big thanks for making this possible!

2 Likes

Need Help getting error when testing. I have gone over every think a couple of times. I have to be missing something.

{
“errorMessage”: “Unable to import module ‘lambda_function’: No module named ‘lambda_function’”,
“errorType”: “Runtime.ImportModuleError”,
“requestId”: “473c3dba-4334-4eac-a19a-269a2848480e”,
“stackTrace”: []
}

Guys, don’t use haaska. It’s dead and unmaintained by the looks of it. Follow the tutorial here but ignore anything mentioning haaska. Everything will work just as you want, these docs are good. I have filed a pull request to remove everything in the docs mention haaska, it is not what the vast majority of people want.

1 Like

haaska has an advance that it can use any port to access you HA installation while the now preferred method only allows Port443.

1 Like

I follow all instructions step by step and the final test no errors at all and list all my discovery devices.
Althouth when I enable the dev skill created on Alexa app show’s me error and I cannot enable.

this is the print screen

what’s I’m doing wrong?

found out I must turn on

" Login with Amazon successfully enabled for Security Profile "

Hi! :wave:
Does the service automatically updates the published devices in Alexa when one changes the Friendly_name in HA, or there’s something to do?

I did setup one year ago, but I didn’t setup exclusions or names. All the devices exported where still pending in my Alexa account, and yesterday I deleted all the one’s that I didn’t want but left the one’s I wanted. But with their ugly names.

I had HAASKA working without problems for about 3 years.

I had to setup everything again after my AWS account was hacked. But I had to forward port 443 to 8123 to get it working with Smart Home, which is causing other dives on my network not to work annymore.

I’m actually trying to get haaska to work again. But I’m not able to get it working when using the old manuals I’ve used before.
Seems a lot of things and interfaces have been changed since then.

Annyone an idea of a more recent manual?

Edit:
Got it working again. But without forwarding port 443 to 8123. So for now I don’t have anny network conflicts annymore.

I’m trying to update my domain URL in Lambda’s code since I’ve moved it from duckdns. I keep getting an error when trying to publish. It says Lambda doesn’t support Python 3.6 anymore. What should I do?

"Failed to update the function **haaska** : The runtime parameter of python3.6 is no longer supported for creating or updating AWS Lambda functions. We recommend you use the new runtime (python3.9) while creating or updating functions."

Nevermind set python to 3.9 and it worked.

1 Like

I was able to get haaska setup fairly easily. This was after I tried both the official instructions and specific instructions for my setup (Cloudflare tunnel, zero trust). I do agree the instructions could use some updating as there have been some AWS changes since it was created, but for the most part it is easy to follow. I was also skeptical as the code and docs are from 2019, and while this may seem like a while ago, the base functionality remains the same. I am using a python 3.11 lambda.

I have just tried the official guide using Cloudflare, but I cannot get the account linking.
It brings me to my HA website, but does not link.
I had a problem with the instruction for creating a policy:-

1. Add a new policy to the CloudFlare application:
  • Action must be set to “Service Auth”
  • Include “Service Token”, add the token you created

I used Zero Trust----Access----Access groups and added a group with selector “Service Token”
Could anybody let me know if this is correct, or how to add a new policy correctly in CloudFlare?.
Thank you

I am bit confused what haaska is. Is it just an old method to achieve “Alexa Smarthome Skill”?

Some youtube videos sugest it is a python script to save yourself an hour or your sanity when following the guide above.

Yes. Haaska came out first and I myself still use it.

I had Haaska already but changed somethings with duckdns/NGINX and it stopped working. I’m trying to just create a new skill and switch over to that but every time I run the python script I get:

botocore.errorfactory.ResourceConflictException: An error occurred (ResourceConflictException) when calling the CreateFunction operation: Function already exist: haaska

Not quite sure how to address this as I can’t seem to find this function. Can anyone help?

Ah I figured it out. For anyone else who stumbles onto this, in AWS, you need to delete the ROLE : HaaskaLambdaRole and then search in the search bar for LAMBDA ( this is where I was struggling because I couldn’t find it in any of the menus for some reason), and delete the Haaska function. Script ran fine now

Is there any possibility to remove all devices at once?