The Supervisor joins the party

I really liked the Network Manager update and the future options for setting up Wifi and Bluetooth, that would make things much easier!

@ludeeus how do I update network manager on debian 10? 1.14.6 is the latest in debian AFAIK.

carefully (not joking), it require installing it from testing/experimental sources.
In most cases, it’s not a problem, and other distros like Ubuntu/HAOS uses a newer version, so should be fine

I have a PR that makes it work with older versions.

2 Likes

Well I’m confused now. I am on Debian 10 and enabled network manager as per the issue from a few days ago and it seems to be working fine.

Showing it is not an issue as long as it’s enabled of the interfaces, using it, however…

Ok so right now it’s showing the correct IP address and also DHCP so I should not try changing that?

You can try, but you will get a uuid error

1 Like

Hello Folks! I just put out this desperate plea on the discord but think that it might be appropriate here.

I’ve just updated to home assistant 0.115.1 (and supervisor a day or two ago) and now my z-wave network won’t start! The z-wave log is just spammed with

2020-09-19 18:57:01.049 Warning, WARNING: Out of frame flow! (0xc0).  Sending NAK.

I’m running Home Assistant, on a pi 3b+ with a aeotec stick, on the standard z-wave integration. I was hoping maybe my usb address had changed but alas, that’s not it, my by-id address in hardware matches my config.
I’m seeing old chatter about modemManager causing such issues… I’m very suspicious of the new feature of supervisor to manage your ip settings!

I am actually very excited about that feature as I am switching to a wired setup soon… but could it have bit me in the butt?!

So fun times… I’m sure it’s not related to this but my HA utterly crapped itself today. I was notified about a HACS update and others… Got an error updating and it deleted the old version of HACS so when I restarted, none of my custom cards would load. Manually installed latest HACS and still a bunch of stuff not or king.
I did yesterday enable DoT for secure DNS on my router… I checked the DNS info in HA and there were no DNS servers listed… Added 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and everything roared back into life after a restart again… I added my router IP address and the same issue started with unable to connect errors in the log etc…
So not sure if this is related to the network manager - I suspect not…

For the custom cards, try just clearing your browser cache and force stopping the android or ios app. My cards went away after restoring from snapshot but that fixed it.

I might misunderstand you, but I’m having my HA in Docker, and having Supervisor?

You can’t have supervisor and not having HA in docker.
But the standalone docker installation does not have supervisor

I agree - Home Assistant is reaching a much wider audience who tremble at the thought of code snippets and commans lines. The ability to manage network setting from supervisor - for example joining another wifi network will make a magical thing even better

1 Like

Joining wifi has already been added

Weird I looked under system and can see core supervisor and host but no reference to wifi

Thanks for your help

On the Supervisor System tab, under “Host” there’s the IP address and the “Change” button:

Click on it and you should be able to see your network connections, in my case I have wired and wireless:

Then you just need to scan and connect.