The Ultimate Node-RED Thermostat for Home Assistant

I finally made it. Had no idea that NR had that dashboard, thanks @giuseppeg88!

Hi there,

I have several problems or little issues and I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

I run home assistant (core-2021.2.0) at the synology ds220+ on VM and installed in ha node-red.

1. I dont understand how I can install or integrate an alarm entity?
  2. I have 3 heaters in 3 different rooms and want different timeplans for them, so added for each heater a seperate flow (copy&paste)
  3. Is it a bug, that in my image there a white windows?

Hope you can help me.

Regards
Timo

Hi. Did you ever work out how to make the dashboard black as shown in the demo images? I too am stuck with a white on white dashboard.

I’ve worked it out. Clearly obvious if you’re a NR expert but you need to switch from the default dashboard light theme to dark.

Great dashboard. Can you advise how i can resize the scheduler screen?

Also, any idea how I could add multiple thermostats to the same dashboard? I have 9 rooms i’d like to control independently.

hi @giuseppeg88. firstly i wanted to say thanks for making this - managed to set it up and get it working with minimal hassle. awesome work!

I have one question, however, and that is how to define two separate people for the away mode. i.e. myself and the missus are at home so the scheduler is on. one of us leaves the scheduler remains on. both of us leave and the thermostat switches to away mode. one of us returns and it switches back to the schedule.

Do i need to make a group out of my presence detection? but then surely won’t this trigger away mode if only one of us leaves? am so close to getting this how i want it, any insight you can give would be super helpful. thanks!

You could use a template sensor that monitors different device_trackers or persons:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    anyone_home:
        friendly_name: Anyone Home
        icon_template: >
          {% if is_state('sensor.anyone_home','on') %}
            mdi:home-account
          {% else %}
            mdi:home-outline
          {% endif %}
        value_template: "{{ is_state('person.a','home') or is_state('person.b','home') or is_state('input_boolean.guestmode','on') }}"

Released v3.4 (2022.02.06)

• Use “let” instead of “var” to work with Node-Red 2.2

Code: see the first post.

Is there a way to convert to *F units?

I have searched the import script and see nothing when searching for units.

also, how can I do a second thermostat?