Theengs Plug - BLE Gateway 90 devices supported + Smart plug + Energy consumption

Indeed, WebUI is not available for the plug yet as indicated in the release note

I already had a couple of switchbot temp/humidty sensors.
I was impressed/amazed/suprised that the Plug simply found them, and HA magically started to display the data without any further configuration.

2 Likes

The beauty of autodiscovery :grinning: , same behavior with the 70s other sensors supported!

3 Likes

I am excited for them to come back in stock!

1 Like

the main reason I started using the Plug was it’s ability to monitor power (watts, at the moment) to whatever is plugged into it.
That’s working great – graphs over time. Very slick.
But how do i get HA to tell me energy consumed, i.e. how many kWhrs per day or whatever period

“watts measure the power it takes for a device to function and watt-hours measure the energy consumed by that device over a certain period of time”

1 Like

got it. yes, that Riemann sum is what i was looking for. Thx!

Hi!
I got a couple (more) switchbots.
These are indoor/outdoor w/o display.
However they haven’t been “Auto discovered” by HA.
They are showing up just fine looking at mqtt explorer.

I would have imagined I would be able go to the devices page for the Plug, and add a device. However when I do that, it just says “Already configured. Only a single configuration possible”… So I’m doing something wrong…

How do I get these new devices to pop up in HA?

https://www.amazon.com/SwitchBot-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Bluetooth-Refrigerator/dp/B0BVLYPYT1

P.S. the link here https://www.theengs.io/ that’s supposed to lead to the list of 70 devices is 404.

Hi @ebeighe

Thanks for mentioning the broken link, fix is on the way.

As for the auto-discovery - auto-discovery is turned off after 30 minutes of the initial start up to prevent auto-discovered and added devices which might just pass your house or are activated at your neighbours.

Once you get new devices which you want added through auto-discovery you can switch it back on until they are all added then turn it off again to prevent the above.

https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/use/gateway.html#auto-discovery

1 Like

oh, that was easy. thx.
I see, now that i look, there’s a slider right on the the Plug in HA

1 Like

Back in stock!

Review by @hometechhacker

1 Like

Any plans to support the switchbot blind tilt.

Hi @GUS1

We’d love to support the Blind Tilt, but there still seem to be some issues with it not properly reporting in the advertisement data (yet)

If you feel like helping and possibly figuring out if and which advertisement data might contain useful information, please open a discussion at

@1technophile hey there – i changed my mqtt broker’s IP address. How do I reconfigure Theengs Plug to use the new address?

Hello,

You have several possibilities:

1. reset the plug with a long press of the button or the following Home Assistant command ( available from Settings → Devices & Services → Devices - Enter TPLUG)
    Reconnect to the WiFi portal and enter the new MQTT broker

2. change the server with an MQTT command
    System commands (ESP only) | OpenMQTTGateway v1.7.0

hey thanks. I did end up doing a hard reset and that is fine.

I did first try to sent the command. not sure why that didn’t work. It published ok. and showed up (I was watching it on mqtt-explorer); then went dead for maybe 15 seconds, and then started back up using the original broker; presumably reverting to the last working settings.
It seemed like it never tried to contact the new broker (but, come to think of it, i don’t know that for sure)

1 Like

(EDITED to add: Thinking back, I think I had taken it upon myself to change mqtt_auth to true, which wouldn’t be correct for my installation; and that was probably why it failed)

Thanks for the feedback

Hey @1technophile

I have one of these and love it. I have a MUE4094RT night light and I’m having trouble getting it to pair. Do you have any tips on connecting it?

Thanks!

1 Like