Theengs Plug - BLE Gateway 90 devices supported + Smart plug + Energy consumption

Hi @ebeighe

Thanks for mentioning the broken link, fix is on the way.

As for the auto-discovery - auto-discovery is turned off after 30 minutes of the initial start up to prevent auto-discovered and added devices which might just pass your house or are activated at your neighbours.

Once you get new devices which you want added through auto-discovery you can switch it back on until they are all added then turn it off again to prevent the above.

https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/use/gateway.html#auto-discovery

1 Like

oh, that was easy. thx.
I see, now that i look, thereā€™s a slider right on the the Plug in HA

1 Like

Back in stock!

Review by @hometechhacker

1 Like

Any plans to support the switchbot blind tilt.

Hi @GUS1

Weā€™d love to support the Blind Tilt, but there still seem to be some issues with it not properly reporting in the advertisement data (yet)

If you feel like helping and possibly figuring out if and which advertisement data might contain useful information, please open a discussion at

@1technophile hey there ā€“ i changed my mqtt brokerā€™s IP address. How do I reconfigure Theengs Plug to use the new address?

Hello,

You have several possibilities:

1. reset the plug with a long press of the button or the following Home Assistant command ( available from Settings ā†’ Devices & Services ā†’ Devices - Enter TPLUG)
    Reconnect to the WiFi portal and enter the new MQTT broker

2. change the server with an MQTT command
    System commands (ESP only) | OpenMQTTGateway v1.7.0

hey thanks. I did end up doing a hard reset and that is fine.

I did first try to sent the command. not sure why that didnā€™t work. It published ok. and showed up (I was watching it on mqtt-explorer); then went dead for maybe 15 seconds, and then started back up using the original broker; presumably reverting to the last working settings.
It seemed like it never tried to contact the new broker (but, come to think of it, i donā€™t know that for sure)

1 Like

(EDITED to add: Thinking back, I think I had taken it upon myself to change mqtt_auth to true, which wouldnā€™t be correct for my installation; and that was probably why it failed)

Thanks for the feedback

Hey @1technophile

I have one of these and love it. I have a MUE4094RT night light and Iā€™m having trouble getting it to pair. Do you have any tips on connecting it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it.

Let me check this and I will go back to you tomorrow.

I found the issue, seems that this device advertise different lengths of servicedata (these are the data used for decoding) and we were taking into account only the larger ones.

If you are interested, you can send me by PM an email and I can provide you a test binary.

Iā€™m not surprised that itā€™s something specific to this device as the Theengs plug has picked up all my other relevant devices with ease :slightly_smiling_face:

Would I need to leave auto discovery on for a while in hopes of it capturing the needed service data?

Other thoughts:

The plug is in the basement monitoring the energy used by the washing machine and I put it there because I have a smartdry in the dryer right next to it. The device Iā€™m asking about is on the main floor. I wonder if there could be a range issue with the device (not the plug as it picks up devices on the 2nd floor without issue). I could possibly use a different plug on the washer and move my Theengs to a more centralized location, but only if it would still pick up the smartdry.

Anyway yes I will PM you.

I will do a range test with this particular device but I think this is related to a change of MUE4094RT firmware. I will send you a test one for the Theengs plug to confirm.

Thanks, I will look out for it. No idea why I accidentally deleted the above reply lol

I will continue to monitor but that seems to have done the trick. Appreciate it!

Great to hear!

Hi there ā€“ i just got a couple of Govee GVH5105ā€™s thermometersā€¦
I see them in MQTT explorer, e.g.:
{ā€œidā€:ā€œC3:38:30:33:2E:37ā€,ā€œmac_typeā€:1,ā€œadv_typeā€:0,ā€œnameā€:ā€œGVH5105_2E37ā€,ā€œmanufacturerdataā€:ā€œ01000101043b3d64ā€,ā€œrssiā€:-82}

But they arenā€™t showing up in HA.
The last time i had this problem when i added some switchbot thermometers, my problem was I didnā€™t have SYS: Auto Discovery turned on.
So this time, I made sure to turn it on but no new Goveeā€™s are appearing in HA.

What else can I check?